aug 22 about 10:45 pm .........son was on the way to work to shreveport he call me to let me know that its a huge flame about 30 ft high coming out of the messenger well ...........not sure what this means but i know he said it lite up the sky out there ...........he told me remember that picture with the flame and everyone took it to me the messenger well...........this time it has one just like the picture

Views: 207

Replies to This Discussion

Can anyone in the Natchitoches/Allen area confirm?
I work in Shreveport and on my way home yesterday evening there was indeed a flare stack with flame coming out of it at the messenger site. I cannot wait to see if leasing picks up now. No doubt that they are burning something at the messenger well, my guess would be natural gas.
Country, it should mean the well is being flow tested.
i'm very country so what does that mean?
Claire, the well is producing gas from the Haynesville Shale and the operator measures the flow rate, flowing pressure and other information to determine if the well is good. Because the well is not yet connected to the gas pipeline, any gas produced has to be sent to the flare and burned.
First Sonris indicates that they drilled deeper after they set 7 5/8 casing and then set a 5 inch liner below that. They perforated and were waiting to frac a zone of about 16 feet from what I remember.
Each 10 foot of a flare corresponds to about 1 Million cubic feet of gas per day hence 30 foot if correct would equate to about 3 MMCFGPD.
The way I am reading this post is the well operators are trying to frac a section of shale that is 16ft. Thus is the shale only 16ft thick in this area or are there additional depths/zones to be fraced besides this 16ft section? Does anybody have ideas? Thanks.
What happened to the original Messenger Well Discussion about it going horizontal...it was on here last night and now gone? There was some interesting commentary going on and now poof!
I wrote that discussion and I have absolutely no clue as to what has happened to this site. I wrote that the messenger well was re permitted to go horizontal. Another poster said that he had someone who confirmed it. My source was a drilling company in Shreveport who is well respected in the industry and assured me that was the case!
Just joined the Natchitoches group around 10PM 8-22-08. Made a reply. Donot remember to who but they wanted to know what (Run CBL top cement at 8600 feet and go ahead and perforate ****** to ****** Don't recall the numbers.) I replied run cement bond log found top cement at 8600 on the outside of the casing. Go head and perforate and contuine completion operations. This didnot show to HZ.
Then 1 hour later the thread was gone. Just read the report. dont even know where the messenger well is located.?????????????
Messenger well is in t10 r9 section 8 natchitoches parish. Can you post the depths they are going to perforate ****** to *****. Thanks.
Don't remember them they were on the discussion that has been removed. Sorry!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service