URGENT I'VE BEEN FORCE POOLED AND ONLY HAVE TILL JULY 28TH TO ACCEPT A RAW DEAL!

THIS IS WHERE I AM, MY LAND IS FORCE POOLED AND ACADIAN LAND CAME BY YESTERDAY WITH AN OFFER LETTER. THEY ARE OFFERING 4000 AN ACRE IF I LET THEM DRILL PAST 10,200FT BUT ONLY 200 AN ACRE IF I DON'T ALLOW THEM TO DRILL PAST THAT.MY LANDMAN SAYS THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE HAYNESVILLE SHALE AND THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SHALE ONLY OIL AND GAS. BUT THEN HE TRIPPED HIMSELF UP AND TOLD ME THAT OIL AND GAS ONLY GOES TO 10,200FT SO THEN WHY ARE THEY WANTING TO LEASE THE RIGHTS TO DRILL FURTHER IF ALL THEY WANT IS 10,200FT OR ABOVE. I BELIEVE I'M BEING HOODWINKED BUT SINCE I'M FORCE POOLED FOR THE HOSSTON COTTON VALLEY FORMATION I'M AFRAID OF GETTING NOTHING. ANY ADVICE ANYBODY WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I;M SECTION 20 NEAR HALL SUMMIT HIGH SCHOOL.

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

I did not know there were permits that far north of the martin field. How do you know you are forced pooled?

John (aka Duster)
422-3535
Call me if you want.
Duster, please double check me on this. It only covers the Hosston & Cotton Valley but not the Haynesville Shale.
Attachments:
Cassie, I feel fairly certain your land is part of the Haynesville Shale and the landman does not know enough to say you aren't.
Leased land near you (T14N,R9W) 4/08 for $4,000/acre bonus $ 25% royalty 4/08. We reserved rights 300 ft. below deepest well drilled, which is a afairly standard approach in good leases. Company was not Acadiana. Encana/Shell were behind the land man.
thanks for the input guys i talked to someone a lil higher up today who cleared up the force pooled issue apparently i'm not but unless someone can tell me how to get ahold of encana i'm gonna take this deal for all depths.
Hi Cassie,
I spoke with someone yesterday that was force pooled almost 10 years ago on a Cotton Valley well.
He is in the process now of leasing his HS rights.
DON'T GET HOODWINKED!
I have seen a lease in Bossier that specifically stated the depths that they could drill within.
GOOD LUCK!
Hi again,
I just looked up the lease I was referring to. It stated that the gas company can only drill between 9702 feet and 11,334 feet.
These depths are not necessarily appropriate for Red River, but they can give you and example that certain depths can be excluded.
This lease covered 1500 acres. I'm sure that these folks are well advised.
The lease also referenced a well that has been tested in the next section. I assume that they wanted to make sure that they leased HS only and are specifically reserving the Bossier and any underlying formations.
Me again.
What is not economically feasible today may become so in the future. The companies are preparing for 20 years down the road. We should prepare also.
I'll leave you good folks alone now and go back to reading the Bossier group.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service