In Shreveport Times today under locations: Thorton Page Natural Gas, Ronny Broadway 23, 1, Sec23 , T9N R13W Converse, 3300' MD, Fredricksburg and same info in 9, 1, Sec 9 T6N R12W Pendleton Many, 3300' MD, Fredricksburg.

What is with the 3300'? Is that the depth of the well or a workover of an old well - it is so shallow compared to the other depths we are reading about in these areas.

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Shaleeee, there are a bunch of shallow oil & gas wells in that area and this just looks to be a couple of new shallow wells planned to be drilled.
Thanks Les - Is this type of well a good thing? Could it be a long lasting well with a strong production? (Profitable?) During the 60's there were many wells (during oil boom) that were abandoned due to gas interference - around Many and Negreet - (as told by people that worked in the oil field and those that had a well P&A) Would a lease owner be wise not to lease for the shallow wells? Is Thorton Page Natural Gas a small comapany - I have not seen their company mentioned.
There is some still pumping in the north toledo state park. I to am curious about production. I wonder if this area would be held by production?
Shaleeee, I am not aware of any real issues with these type wells. New lease agreements should include a depth Pugh clause so the shallow wells cannot hold deeper rights. I would not anticipate theses wells to be long lasting but they could be profitable because of the low capital cost. I would guess Thorton Page is a small private company but these type wells do not require significant capital or manpower.
Yeah - the Fredricksburg is probably only that deep. There were HUGE vertical wells drilled back during the "good ol' days" around there & Zwolle. Karsted and fractured/faulted..hundreds of BO & millions of CF of gas.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service