Ken, you may be intrested to know that drilling is going on at the present time on a well west of Ebarb school (T 7) - about three weeks of work now - two pads (not the same site) were built on or near Hwy 482 - only one pad is being drilled - my friend has family in that area, but she does not know the name of the company. If you have info on this well, give me an update.

Views: 200

Replies to This Discussion

The sign under the Sepulvados Landing sign says H & P Rig 398
Thanks ITN - I do know who H&P are, but I am so happy for my friend. She says there is another new pad on or near Hwy 191 and Ebarb Road - is this pad in line with the wells you mentioned in your previous post? (just wondering if there is a pattern)  I hope that nightlight moves into your backyard soon!!
No, that pad is down the road a bit.  If the night light were just a couple of 100 ft south, it would be in my back yard.  I'm patient....heard that "good things come to those that wait."  :)
Well, my night light is gone.  They spud on 1-5-2011.  Drilled to last Thursday.  When I got home Friday night the rig was down and it is silent.  The last report on Sonris was 1-19-2011, drilling at 10,352 ft., but now it says Plugged and Abandoned on the rig info.  No reason given.  I see that most of the rigs around are P & A.  :(  At least I hear the crickets again. :)

P&A could mean anything -a test well for oil? (just thinking positive) - Les or Skip could tell us if that is the way a well is noted on Sonris if it is waiting to be fraced - and if a well is plugged and abandoned is the mineral owner released from the lease?  Remember it was not even listed on Sonrise as permitted but shows up as completed and P&A'd???

PS - Crickets make a nice sound but cha-ching cha-ching is a better sound!!

P&A is Plug and Abandon but I see nothing in the databases indicating that the Ebarb  well is to be P&A'ed.  The rig is gone but that's because the well has been drilled.  The rig was reported 31 days drilling back on Feb. 4 and is not shown on this Friday's report.  That is a sufficient amount of time to drill the well if everything goes right.  It is now likely WOC (Waiting On Completion).

I hear a little hum noise tonight.  Guess I should walk to the back lot and take a look, but it's not on my section anyway.  Hopefully we'll be next.  I'm in Section 1, T7N, 14W.  It was permitted on 12/28/10.  All the wells at the bottom of their sheet say Plug and abandoned.  I don't know, but it is an 18,000' deep well that they were drilling at 10,352'.  I think the straight depth is 13,500'.  I'll check the reports next week and see.  It's Serial #242570.  They ran a BOP test on 1-8-11.  I just miss the lights.  It was like having my own little city...rofl  I didn't hear any big banging back there so maybe they haven't fraced yet.

In the Neighborhood,

"All the wells at the bottom of their sheet say Plug and abandoned."

That is a standard section on the SONRIS Lite Well File form.  It is standard because all wells will eventually be P&A'ed once they are no longer productive.  If that section does not contain data, it is not applicable.  Please stop scaring members that their well(s) are being plugged and abandoned.  LOL!

rofl!  I didn't know any better.  Thanks.  I'll turn the scare field down.  I'll just sit in the corner of my lot waiting patiently for my well.  ^ ^
Wise approach.  Good Luck.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service