Section 009-09N-12W now has one well drilled, two wells drilling, and eight more wells permitted.  WOW!!!!!  Drill baby drill!

Views: 2087

Replies to This Discussion

They may report it to Sonris like that but when it is posted on their site, every well in that section has the same production # which is the grand total.  The first month that Jimmy Ray Brown 2 showed up on Sonris, I emailed Sonris and told them that the #'s were identical.  They answered back that it was the section total for all wells and that is how they would report it.  My stubs do break it down though.

Too bad there is not a cross verification where Sonris verifies that what is reported is what is paid to royalty owners.  I have gone round and round with CHK, PXP, EnCana, and now Shell is involved but I have not spoken to them directly yet. They are actually the culprit.  Waiting a little longer to see if they get this problem worked out.  The JRB 1 Feb. production paid in May.  I noticed that Sonris reported production at 81192 but PXP, then CHK, paid us for only 41024.....basically half.  Waited a month to see if they corrected themselves.  June came and no correction.  So, I started calling.  Production dept. had it in their system correctly and then relayed it to Rev. Dept.  After a long ordeal, Shell says they did not sell all of the gas so we were paid on what they sold.  NOT MY PROBLEM!  If you take it out of our ground, you should pay us all properly.  They are shorting all parties involved.  I asked EnCana if Shell seriously expected me to believe that in all these months since then that I am to continue thinking they still have not sold it and it in it is off in some storage facility somewhere.  EnCana put in an Issue Report of some sorts with them and it is supposedly marked high priority.  My last contact with them (EnCana) was the 20th.  My latest answer is that the Quorum computer program is going to have to be written to fix the problem.  I will continue to contact them every approx. 2 mos.  My portion is not much but when I multiply it out for all the royalty owners in our section......it is a pretty penny. Like close to $30,000  Not only that, EnCana, CHK, and PXP are all out money too on top of that amount.  I am telling you, people need to be verifying with Sonris monthly.

the 81192 for 2/11 is the correct volume in MCF. The operator, which is Encana is supposed to report total production no matter who is selling/marketing the gas.   you should be able to tell from your stub what the total volume of the well is.  I can on my stubs,  and can match that to sonris.  that number will usually be the first number reported in MCF.  I didn't know that CHk &Pxp had ownership in this well.  that is not unusual though.  EnCana and Shell each should be paying you there portion on a 50/50 basis.

Yep, Pelican.  That is how it happened.  It was reported to Sonris correctly at the 81192 and the check stub reported to us that we were paid on 41024.  I had leased to Chesapeake and shortly after that is when CHK sold 20% of it's lease holdings to PXP.  So, that gave them both the option to participate in the well since they were holding leases in the section.  CHK elected to participate and PXP did not.  I started getting paid 80% from CHK but did not receive anything from PXP.  At that point, I did not know anything about "participating" and "not participating".  So I called PXP to see why they weren't paying me. They had to check on that well and see what was going on and would call me back.  Didn't take hardly anytime at all to receive that call back.  That is when he told me about the option to participate or not to participate and they had elected to forego participation.  They hadn't thought twice about it because "we did not think the well would be a big deal" and then he went on to say they had "really messed up on that one!"  My understanding is that if they don't participate, they have to pay their leaseholders on time as production goes along and after the expenses are covered 3 fold, they will then get reimbursed.  Something to that effect.  Sure enough, the next month they got on the ball and started paying.

Are you in Sabine Parish?

I went to school at P.hill.  Our place is just outside of phill going toward Mansfield just across the De Soto parish line.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service