What happened to the 704 acre max rule?

Views: 144

Replies to This Discussion

Right. I have contacted a O&G attorney to look at it. So, how can I find out who holds the executive rights and get a copy of the lease terms.
I believe the first step would be to ask the Landman to provide you with a copy of whatever lease that they are asking for you to ratify. Before signing anything then have your O&G lawyer look over that document as well as any ratification documents that they are requesting so you can than have the proper information at hand and know exactly what you are approving/ratifiying and whether it is in your best interests to do so at all.
Yeah, not necessarily that simple.

We know, J.R., that if those were your own minerals there is no way in hell a Ewing sould sign those ratification documents without first reviewing a copy of what (most likely unfavorable) terms are grandfathered into that document being signed. LOL.

If, after seeing the lease you (and/or your O&G lawyer) are comfortable with the terms that you are approving then by all means go ahead and ratify the document and start recieving royalty.

If the terms stink, however, then have a discussion with your O&G lawyer as to what alternative options you might have. The fact that they are looking to recieve your ratification does offer you some recourse.

Here's another discussion thread with some information that is useful to this topic:

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/forum/topics/ratification-of-leas...
Could be very simple, or it might be complicated.

Just saying, there is no way of knowing unless he is provided the information on exactly what it is that he is being asked to ratify.

And to sign a ratification, without having that information would be quite foolish.
Mathews: It also could be that your original lease did not address horizontal wells or pooling.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service