I am a newbie, I know the survey and number for 4 separate tracks of land. Just have mineral rights. How do I go about finding out where this property is located. Cabot oil is wanting to lease. I have total 862 acres. They are offering $1000. per net mineral acre with 1/4 royalties. What do you think. Help!!!

Views: 46

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of GoHaynesvilleShale.com to add comments!

Join GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Comment by RBH on February 8, 2010 at 15:41

you can go to
www.countyrecords.com and check who is leasing in the surveys where you own minerals--pay to check and not expensive
Comment by Sandstone on February 1, 2010 at 16:17
Wait....Get the name of an oil and gas attorney in the area, maybe Lufkin or Nacogodoches. There is a lot more involved than just the haynesville shale zone on that many acres. There are three or four very good oil zones in the area as well and an attorney can get your money's worth on those also. My daughter in LA used an attorney - her neighbors didn't. He paid for his fee many, many times over. Also, the oil companies are back trying to lock up the unleased land in San Augustine and Sabine counties. Eagle and Crimson are also interested right now in addition to Cabot - a little competition will certainly help the price and in my opinion, $1000 is way too low.
Comment by RBH on February 1, 2010 at 15:57
what surveys is your 862 acres in first of all?
Do not, as adubu said, sale minerals. I would also suggest using 1 of the attorney's recommended that does oil and gas leases to represent you.
Comment by adubu on February 1, 2010 at 15:37
correction should be GIS VIEWER not GPS on rrc site
Comment by adubu on February 1, 2010 at 15:34
I'll be happy to share info with you of what I learned the hard way. If you have this many net mineral acres you will want to consult a good oil & gas attorney before you sign a lease. DON"T LET ANY ONE TALK YOU IN SELLING YOUR MINERALS!!!!!! DON"T LET ANY ONE TAKE ANY % OR OVER RIDE FOR DOING ANYTHING FOR YOU!!!!! For location of you minerals go to the Texas Railroad Comm. web site. click "online inquries" then click GPS Map-- click survey-- fill in survey and county numbers---then click on map after survey name etc window opens. you can see loction and also active well and well location premitted. I can share more if you give me contact #

© 2022   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service