2010 Unit Application features/trends I've noticed upon review, year to date.

This morning I woke up early and used it as an opportunity to review the Unit Applications that have been filed for 2010. Several things jumped out at me after completing my review:
1) Petrohawk has been very busy. A very large number of the Unit Applications for 2010 so far have been Petrohawk's.
2) As Les B has mentioned before, Devon filed for four Unit Applications in the Caddo Pine Island Field, well north if I-20. They created Haynesville/Smackover/Cotton Valley units. Is there much Smackover production in Caddo Pine Island???
3) Many of the Operators (Chesapeake, Petrohawk, XTO, Encana, Comstock, etc.) are beginning to file for alternate unit wells in a number of sections in the play. The volume surprised me as there are still so many undrilled sections, but it should lead to multiple Hauynesville wells in many sections.
4) Chesapeake filed an Alternate Unit Application for a Horizontal Cotton Valley well (Skip, I think it's the real thing) in T14N,R10W, Section 10. The Conly 10-14-10H-1. Don't recall CHK drilling many horizontal Cotton Valley wells lately, but it would be a nice trend to see develop.

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Larry, IMO there will be multiple "sweet spots" and the western half of the Lake Bistineau and Sibley fields will be a portion of one extending further west into the northern Elm Grove and Sligo fields.
Les B, I think the very SE portion of Caddo would fit into the 9-12 BCF category.
SB, I agree - my triangle reference was for the general location of the center. Bienville Parish would have some acreage also as evidenced by Questar's stellar results.
I want them both
You're the geologist, Jay, but I'm reminded that thick Haynesville sure didn't help the Longwood area north of I-20 much. Having said that, the stacked areas of the play are very appealing to me.
I'm assuming 11N-16W is in your lower Desoto.
When y'all have that debate... let me know. Curious about the outcome....
thanks, we received each one within 3 days of each other.
These are the three notices I have received. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Attachments:
Did you get my uploads? Thanks.
SB, the onset of alternate well applications makes sense as that step must occur before the actual well permitting process. This is similar to filing unit applications well in advance of actual drilling permits. Also, some operators may be preparing to initiate pad drilling operations as this will allow for further reductions in drilling costs.
If I could have my pick of the litter it would be Northern Red River Parish to 9W

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service