Does anyone have any idea of how many acres have already been leased in Sabine Co. and which company did the most leasing?

Views: 109

Replies to This Discussion

Has there been any data released from the Murray or the Olympia Minerals wells yet? I keep looking for it and have not seen anything yet. Those wells are going to be important to Sabine County I think.

What you see in DeSota and Sabine Parishes will be repeated here, I think. They come in and try disinformation about why they are here in the first place to try and keep the lease prices down...They want us to believe that they are only looking for conventional oil and gas over here. That the HS is not here and we shouldn't expect it to be here. Don't believe that for a minute.
No, they have not filed any reports yet. The info I saw was posted on the main discussion board and some questions posted on the Ask Jay section about pressure tests made on/off choke, etc. - info obtained by the locals while they were drilling. This maybe why they have the guard on the Olympia now.

There maybe some helpful information found here:

08-66ap0001 Grogan SWEPI.pdf, 115 KB
08-63ap0001 San Miguel SWEPI.pdf, 109 KB

This is another interesting well being drilled by Shell in South Sabine Parish near Toledo Bend - Donner S14 T4N R12W Permitted Austin Chalk

This was taken from another board:

"You can hear anything you want about Olympia #1. I've heard they will come back and do a horizontal drill on it. I DO know that it was flared for 3 days and nights - what a roar and what a lit up sky! Soooooo I am prone to believe it made a good showing or they would not be planning to drill in these 25 sections around Olympia."

Another interesting thing is the increased helicopter activity in the county this month. The same thing happened in Sabine Parish in November last year and they later heard they were doing seismic testing from the air by satellite.
Thank you Sandstone. I don't have time to keep up with all the East Texas pages let alone what's goin on across the lake every day. I do know there has been a lot of comment about those two wells though. I'm trying to keep my good eye on them and I'm glad someone else on the "Texas side" is too.
I have heard that they could do seismic by helicopter...guess we need to keep an eagle eye out for whirlybirds now, too!
Any news yet on the Murray or the O.M. ?
Spoke tp someone in Milam yesterday that leased with Devon for $6000. an acre and 25%.
I know you were happy to hear that, assuming that the land leased was also in Milam?
The land leased was about 3 miles from my land in Milam. Now, I want to see if he gets paid.
I am curious if the landowner pursued the O & G or if they contacted the landowner and if so, are they getting acres together to drill a test well?
I am going to talk with Devon this week. Will find out what I can.
spoke with petrohawk today looks like maybe gearing up for sabine, san augustine, and whatever they can find left in shelby county. dont think it has really gotten off the ground quiet yet, will advise when more info.
Bring them on to San Augustine...we are ready.
Maybe Petrohawk wants to get the jump on Cheasapeake and XTO since they outbid them on a lot of acres in LA.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service