Does anyone have any idea of how many acres have already been leased in Sabine Co. and which company did the most leasing?

Views: 112

Replies to This Discussion

Could have been a bad piece of pipe and odds are against them fixing it unless they have really experienced people working on it and then I heard there is only a 25 percent chance of success. If the well showed really good potential, they will move over and drill another one and then we will all know what is there.
We will just have to keep watchin then :)
Sandstone, I was just looking through the posts on TigerDroppings.com and someone posted on page 54 that the OM had completed...have you heard anything lately?
This is the latest info posted:
Oct. 2
"Again, my trusty neighbor reports both wells have broken or dropped coils down well. I don't know what a "coil" is in oil field parlance. He said that folks in the Murry well area told him that Shell/Encana was going to try retrieving the coil from Murry. The other rumor was that the Olympia well was going to be capped and abandoned. I don't believe that last rumor. Particularly given the flow test results reported by Jay -- 8 mmcfd - he said that was a world record for a simple vertical well. But I don't know what the technical aspects of retrieving a down hole coil involves nor how difficult it is. There have also been recurring rumors that Olympia has had a casing wall collapse."

Oct. 4
am not sure just what is going on The Murray Well but am assuming from your post they must be trying to clean out something in the well bore. As for coil tubing, lets say it is a basically newer technology. Pretty much what is allows one to do is keep from having to set up a complete rig to drill cement, pick a packer, etc. Although one (operator) does not like them, they in most a cost savings and much faster for some jobs. It is somewhat of a fragile operation, hundreds of coil tubing units are used everyday. As for The Chinese thing, I wouldn't give that much thought. As for the Oylmpia Well it is my understanding that they did in fact drill to the Smackover Formation which is known (in some areas) for H2S. I suspect they had two objectives. One to establish the thickness of The Haynesville and to see if The Smackover was there with H2S. According to what I remember reading Sonris, they then plugged it off and came back into The Haynesville to do their deal.
There are so many rumors floating around these days, one does not know how much of it is fact."
Thank you Sandstone.
Where in Sabine County are the Murray and Oylmpia wells located?
I believe they are in Sabine Parish.
Right, the Olympia is just across Toledo Bend in Sabine Parish, LA down by the dam and the Murray is in the northern part of the Parish by Pleasant Hill, LA close to the DeSota Parish line.
Sorry, wrong location. The Olympia is in Belmont, LA just south of Pleasant Hill. I don't know the name of the well being drilled by the dam.
Isn't that the Donner? I think it's an Austin Chalk well though.
Yes, you are right. It is the Donner but there was something differet about it but I can't remember what it was - maybe permitted deeper than a normal Austin Chalk? Your memory is certainly better than mine!
Sorry paige, we just got off on a discussion about how these two wells could be important to Sabine County because they are just across the lake from us and could possibly affect bonus offers over here. Sorry if we got anyone confused.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service