Just south of James, TX (Shelby Co), we were offered $325 per acre with a 20% royalty. That was in April, 2008. My cousins took the offer. My brother & I each own 40 acres and we're looking forward to a better offer. Anybody else want to share news on the Texas side of the Haynesville Shale?

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My family has land in Panola County. It is leased with producing cotton valley wells on it. They have recieved six figure offers for their mineral rights. Does that mean that Panola will be in the Haynesville play?
The highest lease bonuses I have heard of in East Texas so far has been between $2,000 and $5,000. The companies don't seem to be going as crazy as you get further away from the "sweet spot" of Southern Caddo and Northern DeSoto Parishes. But that could change.
$300 per acre is all I have been told. Leave it to Chesapeake to come in an area and start throwing money around. Seems to me they don't give the "little man" a chance to drill. Gotta love it
From the early maps I saw it looked like as much as if not more of the shale was in East Texas. If I had land in the so-called fringe areas I believe I would hold off from leasing for a while unless I got a really great offer.
Good call herefordsnshale, The fringe guys in Fort Worth are the ones that got paid!
Shelby County right on river 7500.00 Chesapeake, signed this week. P. W. Harvey Survey.
I'm not surprised.
Foxiecajun, do you know how far the P.W. Harvey Survey is from James (Shelby Co), TX?
Part of the the Harvey survey was taken in by the Sabine River aut. I am not sure where James is. If the James store is it, would guess about 12-15 miles.
Foxiecajun -
Congrats on the $7,500 per NMA. If I may ask, was it for a 25% royalty?

Also, if I may ask, do you have the landman's name at Chesapeake? I have some unleased acreage in the Stewart Svy 2 miles to the south and want to see if they're interested.

Many thanks.
not mine just helped with terms. John Lawsonin Joaquin
Thanks. Sounds like you did a heck of a job.

Is the landman's name John Lawson or John Joaquin?

Thanks again

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service