The information pertaining to not signing a lease agreement has been tremendous. I'm relying on it to be factual and not emotional or based on interpretation? It seems like it all comes down to “the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward”. With that comes responsibility on behalf of the landowner to follow up, follow through and track their own mineral production. The way I see it is that if you're going to be one of the "Haynesville Holdouts" that owns an insignificant amount of land in a subdivision you want as many of your neighbors to sign up as possible to let the drilling begin (so "mums the word"). You also need to realize that by holding out you are like the guy who works for a union based company who refuses to join the union, pay union dues and participate in union business (strikes) but gets all the rewards and benefits associated with the Union. If you're in a right to work state you can do it but if everyone did it there would be no union negotiating on everyone’s behalf and you would not be well liked by all the members who did join, pay dues and participate. As my mother used to say “If you don’t like the heat then stay out of the kitchen” (please don’t turn this analogy into a union debate and get off the subject of the Haynesville Shale). The question then becomes is it worth giving up 75% of the royalties to let someone else take all the risks and divvy up the proceeds accordingly?

Does anyone know of a website that shows a map and/or plat of the townships and sections of NWLA? One last thing, the latest term I've been hearing is "Landowner At Large" is that the same as "Forced Pooling (Consent/Non-consent) or is it even a term used in Louisiana?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Open the link below and follow these instructions exactly. Shortcuts do not work:

- Choose DOWNOAD PLSS
- Allow US map to open
- Repeatedly click on N La allowing the map to magnify each time until
townships are visible and continue until your target township is large on the acreen
- Click the "folder image" in the right hand "Layer" box next to the word PLSS (do not click the word PLSS itself)
- from the drop down choose "Section" and allow section lines to populate
- In the Layer box choose "No Base Map"
-In the Layer box select the folder image next to the word Reference
- In the dropdown "Major roads " will already be selected, so select "Roads" in addition to that

Now you can zoom in/out and pan as needed

Good Luck!

Here is the link:
Public Land Survey System

Some samples of section maps I ran from this site are posted in the left hand column here:

Beech Springs Community Network
Re-posted better instructions at this discussion:

Landowner at large and Map/plats

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service