I have land in Frierson,La around church hill Rd. I am currently recieving royalities from JW Operating, how does this effect me, if the O&G Co. are leasing in my area. Can you sign a lease on top of a lease if the drilling is for different substance.

Tags: Ms.d

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

Ms. D,

Don't just rely on my post here, have someone review your lease and have them give you an informed opinion.

Often, if you are currently receiving royalties from an existing lease, and your existing lease does not have any depth restrictions or Pugh clauses, then your land is already under lease. You would not be able to re-lease for the Haynesville depths and would not be able to receive any new signing bonus. But, you would still be able to receive royalties on all new producing wells that are drilled if your land is included in the production unit for the new wells.

There is a lot of money at stake in our area and it would certainly be worth paying someone a small fee to review your lease and provide you with a more informed opinion. I believe that there are several attorneys in the area who review leases.
Thank you Kassi and insomniacnla , I don't have the existing lease, I purchase the property over 10 years ago. But did not began recieving royalties until June 2008, I recieve a lump sum for non payment over the last ten years, due to a discrepency over who had ownership of the minerals. I now own the minerals to the property, but I haven't been able to get JW Operating to send me the original lease agreement and when it expire. Can you list some of the existing attorneys I maybe able to contact that's in the Desoto area, or what approach I should take to get everything which to my name. Am I bound to what someone else agreed to, even if they where not the owners of property or minerals? I don't know how long an O&G lease would last before expiration.
First, go to the Desoto Parish Court House in Mansfield and look up the lease. You can find it by searching for leases under the prior owners name or under JW Operating. Then you will know what you have. If you need an attorney, the only one I trust is Randall Davidson.
Thanks again Kassi, I will start the process next week, Is Atty Randall Davidson listed in Mansfield directory?
insomniacnla is correct. If you are already receiving royalties from a lease and have no vertical pugh clause in your lease then you cannot lease again. Your existing lease will cover all depths including the haynesville shale.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service