what everyone think if chesapeke would stop airing that show they could save all that money and pay us more for our leases

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim Krow,

I agree. Without NGVs, distribution points, export, etc., this shale drilling will be left in the mercy of the Oil Giants hands. Making the U.S. decide that for the past 50+ years, we have been making the rest of the world wealthy while we have become "oil junkies," has cost us dearly. It is some serious times for the U.S., I feel. We all need to shout from the mountain tops that if we do not "bite-the-bullet," and become immediately independent of foreign oil, we are "shooting ourselves in our own feet!!" And, have no one to blame but ourselves.

NG is a great start! Let's just hope Washington get's WISE enough to listen and quit giving the NG Industry their COLLECTIVE LIP SERVICE
and DO IT...NOW! If we wait another 50 years...God help us!

DrWAVeSport 9/6/08
Shawn,

I too am yawning per "Chesapeake in the Haynesville Shale," TV. This is strictly PR stuff and nothing more/no substance/just high polished glossy PR. Surely Mr. Chesapeake will put his $ where NWLa mineral owners need it most: ANSWERS to the questions that have most likely been posted on gohaynesvilleshale.com over the past several months. Mr. Chesapeake would do well (imo) if he would begin to promote his company to NWLa by becoming the leader for promoting more grounded media communications between CHK and "reality-show-type" NWLa residents who are in-the-trenches dealing with the HSP and its pluses and minuses. Get some up-close and personal exchanges. Answer some "important" questions. We have all heard all the hype (for months)! We need O&G companies to begin operating in the 21st Century, where there exists 21st Century residents who have become educated and informed and who now are insisting that O&G business in NWLa is going to be (and will continue to be) monitored by the local landowner/lessor/resident.

We are no longer in an era where generic O&G leases are just signed and put away in a drawer somewhere without serious scrutiny or legal insight from those who sign them. It should be obvious to Mr. CKH, and others, that bygone days are just that...bye-bye. O&G will no longer be able to operate as it has in the past (exempt from lessors looking over their shoulder). Shale lessors have created a huge learning curve for themselves because of this HSP and (just as important) for the O&G leaders/industry. We all want to make this shale thing work. And, O&G leaders cannot miss these efforts...Shalers have stated this quite frankly their wishes to become educated and involved in their understanding of the world of natural gas and its effects on their lives, their communities, and their futures.

Let's get some discussion going across the O&G leader board that is truly meaningful to NWLa becoming the greatest Shale player in the world! Let's make NWLa and The Haynesville Shale become the benchmark by which other areas want to employ and emulate their E&P efforts!

We have already made some great strides. Stop the fluffy stuff. If CHK is going to put the $, time and effort into a "Shale TV" project, then do it right! Get to the heart of these gohaynesvilleshale.com questions and deal with the real stuff! That, my Shaling Friends will be a win-win for everyone!

DrWAVeSport 9/6/08
All this gas sitting in the ground isn't doing any of us any good!
Folks need to pressure congress to push T-B Picken's plans!
The better and sooner all folks in this country are educated about replacing gasoline with Nat. Gas, the sooner we start benefiting from our leases.
Congress will do something productive if they know enough folks want it.
a good place to get the ball rolling is on this website;everyone writing their congress person. we all tell our friends and they spread the word to do the same.
I think the United States should rely on it own oil -N- gas!!! Instead of everyone else's!!! Need I say more!!!
Do you think this had anything to do with GM and Ford partnering on an engine project.

I didn't think there was much retro-fitting or redesigning to be done.

But since they are so strongly competitive, a thought maybe this could be the reason they are collaborating.
I think the main problem is where to put the ng tank in the vehicle. These tanks take up more room than a conventional gas tank.
"opportunity for new technology to develop ways to use other spaces in the vehicles for fuel storage"

Exactly. Invention is born of necessity.
Jim, just a small clarification. CNG works for small passenger cars and trucks because it does not have to be kept cold. CNG is at higher pressure of ~ 3000 psi.
Brilliant move by Chesapeake and T. Boone. Lets thank god they are putting their money where there mouth is.

We want the mind set of America to change. Only way is through pounding the message "Energy, Energy, Energy"

Be patient. Vote for McCain and Palin. "Drill baby drill"
I am voting for McCain and Palin!!!
I am voting for McCain/Palin!!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service