Can anyone give advice on searching records for oil and gas leases? What are the steps to follow? As a surface owner, I need to determine if the mineral interest in my tract is HBP or if the mineral servitude has expired and ownership of mineral interest has reverted to the surface owner.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You need to hire an oil and gas attorney to get that information or you can sit back and wait and let the oil company do it for you. The steps required would be to first learn about Sonris, then learn how to chain the land and mineral title back to patent then run the title forward until present. You would still have to hire an attorney to explain to you what the documents mean and the attorney couldn't be sure of anything because you might have missed something.
You could also hire a someone to perform a title/mineral search from the present to the first record of the property. They then create an abstract which an attorney can give a final title/mineral oppinion on. This would be a little less expensive.
8 19n 16w
I checked also on sonris lite and found the same info. These are shallow oil wells from many years back. How do you find the unit size for these wells and also whether the leases had pugh clauses?
Is there a way to pull up leases on sonrise? How would you find the lease # ?
You stated search on Sonris the Field Orders for the Field number matching the Field number associated with the wells. Please explain the steps in doing this search. Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service