3D seismic survey. Good or bad idea for unleased landowner?

Recently contacted about wanting a 3D seismic survey on my land. We are currently unleased. This seems like a large gamble on the part of the landowner in regards to anticipated leasing. I would appreciate anyone's input concerning this situation. Thanks

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Red River: Sect 23, T14N, R 9W.
Jay,
Reading your response to KB; if the shale is known to be consistent by the nature of its' formation, then why would the oil and gas companies leave 3 sections of know production volume on the table? What am I missing?
Shelby
Thank you Jay,
I hope that "one" spot ain't in South Desoto! Your opinions are always appreciated.
Shelby
Jay, I'm still learning;so, am I understanding you to say "don't allow" seismic testing in case nothing is there? and we should make the deal first?
Jay, back in the mid 80s I allowed a seismic crew on our property with the condition I be sent a copy of the results. They agreed and sent me what looked like a computer log, or simular to a bar code log. Can that be read today, and by who? Also this was most likely before the 3-d so would it have any real value?
I was also contacted to have a seismic survey done on my land. It is being reqested my Total Explorations on behalf of Buesa energy. This a 2D survey to be done in section 28 township 12 range 14. I have 40 acres that I have not leased out yet can anyone give me any advice.
we too have been contacted by two diff. co's to do 3D seismic surveys; one was form Cajun Exploration L.P./chesapeake for $25.00 per acre (total of 449.00) stated in the letter it said.."this is only to grant permission to view and does not in any way constitute a sale of these minerals.
the other co. was PGS onshore, Inc. would pay rate of $150.00 per shothole multiplied by our interest? what does that mean? Judging from previous comments i can see I don't know whether or not to allow this procedure...HELP! we also rec'd letter from Phillips Energy 6/19 offering $4000 per acre for all of our mineral rights, then another letter from them in 7/29 stating they would purchase our mineral rights for $7,750 per mineral acre. They thought we only had 3 total acres. We have almost 18 acres in Section 5, T12N, R15W....any help please!
Is that lease bonus or is it to purchase mineral rights? I'd want a heck of lot more than that for minerals rights.
yes, it stated "purchase your mineral rights!" No way, we're not stupid.
Shreveport
msfva,
could you furnish me proof that in our region lease bonuses are running around $20k/acre? I'd love to get some facts!
Jim,

If keb is receiving the same letters I am from Phillips Energy (blue and white letterhead), their letter states their office is in Shreveport, downtown I think.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service