has anyone signed a lease with petrohawk through Fortress?
I was told that the royalities are 25%..but the small print says that out of the 25% we are responsible for processing the gas out of our royalties.
If that's the case..then the royalties woud be alot less..
anybody know if this is true???

thankyou.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the small print states this, then you will be responsible for costs associated with getting the gas to market per say. I really don't know if there is a standard by which they can or can not charge whatever fees they would like. I hope that someone with expertise in this area will chime in.
Don't you yourself represent a negotiating group?
Nope ! We haven't started negotiations yet. I may not even be on the commitee .
If you yourself have not seen and read the actual lease in question DO NOT trust hearsay. Much false information about this play is perpetuated by hearsay. Good Luck.

Ronny
Hello Mr. Ronnie , If you are refering to me , I clearly stated that "if the small print states this" then they will be responsible for costs. If you are privy to info from a Fortress lease standpoint then this lady could certainly use your help in answering her question. I would take your last statement one step farther and say that out right lies have been perpetuated on this site from some of the O&G's and probably from landowners as well. You certainly need to be able to separate the wheat from the tares.
Angel, it would be beneficial if you posted the exact verbage. There could be several potential meanings.
Hello Mr. Snake, I was not referring to you but to the original post. I recall attending a Fortress meeting early on and hearing the statement "We will negotiate a lease for you we would be willing to sign ourselves." I hope the Fortress guys are smart enough not to sign a lease without a NO-Deduct clause. I stand by my statement to only believe it if you actually see it. If the lease includes language reducing royalties for expenses I would not sign it. Thanks.
Cool , I agree with you 110 %.
Thankyou all for your info.
I haven't gotten my lease yet..I just thought someone might have already seen a lease from petrohawk.. I have really no clue ... some people have told me to hold out for 2-4 yrs. and by then the bonus would go up to 40,000 or more.. don't know if thats true either
I am also a part of the fortress management 19,000 offer from Petrohawk. I have not seen a lease and neither has any of my friends with this offer. I have been calling and checking the website (fortressmanagementllc.com), but it is very inconsistent. First, they will call a group in to sign the w9 form and after this call you back in to sign a lease. I have asked to see this lease or email it, but alway an excuse. When calling the office, the answering machine is alway on, and they never call back. I would like to see the lease with the provision, before being called in to sign. Something is going on. Help!!!!!!!!!
What is a w9 form ? If you have a question about your lease provisions I certainly wouldn't sign anything that I wasn't 100 % sure about. You ceratinly aren't asking too much to see the lease agreement. I was under the impression that they had a lease agreement that they used all the time.One that they would sign !
A W-9 form is an IRS Form that is required when you are recieving funds from a company. It is used to obtain your correct social security number or tax ID number. This is standard procedure with any business when setting up a new vendor in their accounting system no matter what business the company is involved in. The W-9 form has nothing to do with the lease itself.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service