Our family from sabine county as 330acres of mineral rights under toledo bend resevoir(under the water).Are any companies buying gas and oil rights under the lake?l Thnx David

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone drilled across the lake from Ebarb not long ago. There are three laterals coming off the location from Texas into Louisiana. Look on the map on Sonris and you can find it, I hear it's a good well, think it is a James Lime well but don't remember. One thing for sure someone will get to you about a lease in the future. Don't make a mistake and deal with some outlaw bunch. They will probably contact you first because of the difficulties with the land title under the lake. Snakes crawl where they can and a lake is a good place to find snakes. Only lease the depths that want to drill (lower CV, Haynesville, upper Smackover) lets say somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 feet.
Yes, Shalegeo has commented on Cross Lake, and I have read numerous posts on other websites, the lake bottoms are definitely in play and valuable. It makes it easier for comapnies to lease as well, but if gas prices continue to drop, the long horizontals required to produce lake beds will become less economic.
I think that in Louisiana, the state ends up owning mineral rights that are under public waterways. I could be incorrect though.
all my family lands were on the Texas side of the resevoir.Are any companies acutally leasing underwater acreage? thnx david
My family has over three hundred acres underwater near the Elm Grove field, and Petrohawk snapped them up very early in the game - right before the Haynesville information went public. The rights to the Red River riverbed south of Shreveport were also leased recently for quite a bit.
sounds like it is a matter of time and patience.David

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service