Can anyone tell me anything about this area? Laguna Beach subdivision. I have a family member who owns two lots over here and we have never seen them and I am curious to know anything about this area. Back in the 50's some O & G company stored natural gas around here so I am told. I believe the subdivision is on the south end of Lake Bistineua. I posted this in the Bienville parish group and did not get one reply so I thought maybe here would get something. Thanks

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I guess it is kind of a vague question. Okay, how about has anybody been to this subdivision lately? I don't even know if this area is populated, but I think it might have a few folks living there. A landman called less than a year ago and wanted to lease these two lots. She did not do it though.
I think this is 10-16-10. Lots of gas storage in surrounding areas and some large tract Government leases. The area (not the section specifically) was fairly active in summer leasing. I understand the sub division itself is chopped up into many small lots, therefore the big guys probably did not focus their time there during the trend buy.
Possibly, but the way I understand it, that particular per acre bonus was only for 100% of a particular Section to sign (among other negotiated contingencies). I also understand it to have been set and negotiated in early July - not recently. Just adding perspecitive.
"Heard of one or two recently".

I believe there maybe leases executed recently but I don't think the original offer/acceptance which they are acting on could be considered recent.

However I am not up on the Alabama Bend deal, What are you hearing?
The only big deal near the old Alabama Bend field I would guess is the Dickson tracts? But the Big players have been "hunting" for a lease on that for a while. The Dicksons would just prefer to hunt.
Big Red, in case you are interested Gulf South Pipeline owns the Bistineau Gas Storage facility. By the way Lake Bistineau is a great place to go water skiing.
Wow, now this is some great info! Thanks to all who replied. I knew I could count on you guys to help me. It looks like the property is in SEC10 T16N R10W. According to the earth photo it does look like there is a subdivision with a few people in it. Not every lot is popuated. The landman I talked to said it is out in the boonies and full of squatters. Not exactly sure what squatters mean in these terms but maybe someone can clue me in. I am looking at the paperwork for these lots and it looks like back in the olden days they were leased for gas storage by a O & G co. I will do some more research so I can relay the information to the owner.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service