Does anyone ifa lease is held when a site is being cleared for future drilling purposes? Lease is up September 25th and rumor has it the company is going to begin clearing to hold the lease but has no rig to set up to drill?

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those on this site that can help you need your township, range & section to do the research. Also, the name of the leasing company or well serial number. My understanding is that the current lessee may be able to hold you by production. In order to determine this, specific information is necessary. Hope this helps.
As far as I know, the company would have to have a rig on site, and it would need to be (spud down) as they call it, to hold your lease. I think the meaning of spud down,
is they would have to be drilling, before the end of your lease date. In my case, the company had a 3 year lease, and about 3 month before it was up, they started a site, and they were drilling when my lease would have expired. Now I am held by production of that one well, from now on, with out any chance of leasing again.
I have the same question for this well. 238413. This well is in my section and if I am reading my lease correct it has to be in production. They are building the road now to the site and would love to know for sure since the lease expires Nov. 8th. I am in
T14n R9w Sec. 11

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service