Is there any easy way to find out how much of a section has been leased? Also, can you find out who holds the lease?

thanks

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Louisiana Dept of Natural Resourses , has a map with overlay features that will show some current (sorta current anyway) and leases that are older.The only other way to figure out what is leased is at the court house of the parish the land is located in.Some parishes may allow ,via membership fee, the checking of this sort of info on their website.I know that Webster has attempted this but I have heard complaints about info not being kept up to date with the influx of new activity.This can be expected as system is new and people haven't been added to payroll in suficient enough manner to keep up. I hope this helps somewhat.
This site doesn't have lease info but some other folks had been asking about legal description maps and I found this. http://1webfn.doa.la.gov/slodocs/SLO/hist_search.asp
Thanks for the info
this ? was asked back in July,
as of today, is there some site on the www that will show this data?
No. However all leases must be recorded in the courthouse to be legal. If you know the mineral owners, you can search their names to see if they have leased. The database on Sonris only keeps with state leases.
You can also get a list of landowners from the court house and just call your neighbors. I did and everyone was very friendly and eager to talk about the HS. Of course, I'm sort of rural so the list was only 3 pages long - 10 people per page, 1.00 per page is the cost. I was glad I did because I did not know I was a hold out until I made some inquiries.
Once you have the list from the Assessor's office, you can go to the Clerk of Courts office and run the Conveyance records, if you prefer not to call folks.

The leases won't say what the bonus was, but yesterdays news is pretty irrelevant now anyway.
Does the Assessor's office have pipeline ROW's agreements also? Would I be able to see who has settled with the pipeline company and what kind of restrictions or whatever they included?
Eat Beef,

The ROW's would also be recorded in the Clerk of Court's office (not Assessor's), but the draft that the company has presented to me did not include the amount of damages. I would try to talk to your neighbors. I think this would be the most direct route to find your answers.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service