From just below $70 to under $20 in three months.

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The market seems to be playing CHK with more than 35 million trades way above any of the other O&G companies.
This stock is moving....as the news gets out about the CEO dumping that much stock it is creating a flurry of sellers.....Just watch it throught the day! That is a huge amount of money being traded on this little Co. Almost10% of its market cap
Their going to play this one like a stringed instrument for as long as they can. Look at the money being made, they won't let this one die until nothing can be squeazed any more.
Two dogs you are exactly right! And this is at the mercy of CHK.....they will suck the life out of it....some will make money some will loose....the employees and the longterm believers of the company will parish! Pump and dump baby!!!!!
Chesapeake Energy Corp. (CHK) At 12:21PM ET: 19.69 3.17 (19.19%)

Released 18 minutes ago

$0 stock trades. No gimmicks. No hidden fees.
· 10 free each month with $2,500 or more. $4.50/trade otherwise.
· Powerful tools, quality trade executions, friendly service and much more.

Upgrades & Downgrades History

UPGRADES & DOWNGRADES HISTORY
Date Research Firm Action From To
13-Oct-08 Howard Weil Downgrade Market Outperform Market Perform
4-Aug-08 CapitalOne southcoast Upgrade Add Strong Buy
16-May-08 CapitalOne southcoast Initiated Add
3-Apr-08 JP Morgan Downgrade Overweight Neutral
27-Feb-08 Citigroup Downgrade Buy Hold
20-Feb-08 Jefferies & Co Initiated Buy
14-Feb-08 Wachovia Upgrade Mkt Perform Outperform
28-Nov-07 Stifel Nicolaus Initiated Buy
5-Sep-07 Fortis Bank Upgrade Hold Buy
4-Sep-07 BMO Capital Markets Downgrade Outperform Market Perform
9-Aug-07 Wachovia Downgrade Outperform Mkt Perform
24-Jul-07 Fortis Bank Downgrade Buy Hold
5-Jan-07 Prudential Downgrade Overweight Neutral
3-Jan-07 Goldman Sachs Downgrade Buy Neutral
8-Nov-06 Fortis Bank Initiated Buy
12-Oct-06 Prudential Upgrade Neutral Overweight
20-Sep-06 Wachovia Initiated Outperform
1-Aug-06 Goldman Sachs Upgrade Neutral Buy
27-Jul-06 JP Morgan Upgrade Neutral Overweight
It is interesting that everyone believes that the margin call Aubrey made was based on CHK stock. I am not sure that I read that in any of the press releases. Aubrey has always had a significant personel futures position and may have been burned there. Likely some combination of both. IMHO
You think this guy sold 31.5 Million shares of this stock because it was what he had to do? I dont care how much confidence you have in something you dont go out and borrow that much money to purchase some thing that is not a phyiscall asett especially something as volitile as an exploration oil and gas company. It would ve been one thing if this guy had that money in the bank but to go borrow the money!!!! Is this guy crazy....it just shows the mentality of this company and how it operates....and in times like this you can not afford to opperate in this fashion....I hope the best for them...I have a little play money in them....and I have some of my best friends that work for them....and I will make money on them....a matter of fact I probibly made a little before I get done typing this up! LOL! I hope the best for them....and will keep betting on them...just not for more than a couple of hours at a time!!! LOL!!!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service