Applications to Commissioner of Conservation to Increase drilling unit size

If you go to the Dept. of Conservation and research applications/hearings, you will see applications to combine sections of separately owned tracts to create mega drilling units of 920 acres. (ex Greenwood Waskom Field) This is not good for the land owners and I have been told that the intention is to create these mega units throughout the Haynesville Shale. Does anyone have any information on this effort?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A 920 acre unit is not a Mega unit, just look at some leases that provide for 1920 acre units.
I am referring to forced unit expansion by the Commissioner at the request of oil companies, not a lease signed and approved by the land owner ... forced unit expansion for everyone imposed by our Commissioner.
What is the conclusion then? I have not been following for very long, and maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I don't see any information presented to justify this change. In fact, I've just spoken with several pet. engineers and geologists and they are telling me that Haynesville Shale is a tight formation, like Barnet, and that it has been determined that drilling units need to be much smaller than 640 acres to properly drain a unit. I can only assume, then, that these requests are political/economic in nature. Can you provide me with any geological/engineering data to support this?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service