Anyone heard anything about Olympia Minerals well in Belmont and Murry in Pleasant Hill?

links are below for each well
http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

http://sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us/www_root/sonris_portal_1.htm

Views: 311

Replies to This Discussion

i know for a fact of $13,100per acre being paid in north natchitoches and north sabine. one of my family members who has some unleased property has pooled with other land owners some 2000 acres in desoto,sabine and natch. and is submitting it for bid to the big players. they were told by the rep. to expect $15 to $20 per acre.
Thanks for the info. I am not from there but have spent a lot of time in Sabine Parish where my parents are from. I have inherited some Sistrunk and Free properties. Pretty familiar with the area and have a lot of relatives still there. Is that south of Guffy Lynn Patterson's place by chance? I think that may be the one my uncle has talked about. Thanks again for helping me out. Donna
The Murray 31 well has been taken down and is being transported off location.
So for us "laymen" what does this mean? If the Murray 31 well has been taken down, was it plugged? Was anything found there? I'm not sure I understand the report and since our land nearly neighbors the Murray well, very interested in what was found/ not found???
The Murray well is still in the same place. The DRILLING RIG has been moved to Oxford. I am not trying to be a smart??? but I would like to keep the terminology straight. Most of the news folks discuss an oil rig. I my 42 years in the oil field, I have never seen an oil rig. Drilling rigs are the same for oil or gas drilling.

Although I do not try to keep up with the activity but I do understand that The Murray well appears to have the zone. It will take some frac work to see what is there.

I understand that the first well in The Big Woods has some mechanical problems. Sonris shows several perforations and frac jobs. I was told that the well will make about 7 million. From what I understand the casing is either collapsed or a bridge plug slipped up the hole. Now I wouldn't call this a Halliburton mess-up. these things happen. But they'll probably bring in a real workover rig and fix it. It just takes some time and bigger equipment then a coil tubing truck
Only Shell knows at this point. I have heard everything from a dry hole to 12 MMcfd. I also heard that the pressure was so strong that they couldn't do anything with it. My personal opinion, which doesn't mean very much, is that the well was very good and they are withholding the information as long as they can. I have also heard thay the O&G companies have resorted to paying the fines for withholding reports. I am sure that the fines are small beans compared to the increased lease money they will have to pay if information gets out about how good the wells are. I prefer to believe that it made 12 MMcfd and they will eventually lease all of Sabine Parish. I think there are a lot of other people who would like to see the same thing.
Keeping our fingers crossed! Thanks for the insight JW! It seems they drilled down deep enough to have confidence in "something." Plus, I trust Shell over some of the smaller companies who don't have the capability Shell has.
I dont trust Shell as far as I can throw them.
Why do you say that? Have you had problems with them?
why? what is wrong with shell?
I cant go into detail confidential settlement, are you associated with Shell or any of its front companies?
Confidential settelment cant give details.Do you work for Shell?Do you work with any of Shell's front companies?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service