Anyone heard anything about Olympia Minerals well in Belmont and Murry in Pleasant Hill?

links are below for each well
http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

http://sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us/www_root/sonris_portal_1.htm

Views: 293

Replies to This Discussion

I heard that the coil tubing is still downhole. I understand that they are trying to pull the pressure down by flaring so they can do some more work.
HUMMMM? I would think it would be hard to do as high pressured as these holes are. Oh well, I haven't worked in the oil field since 1975, just put myself thru college working around them rotaries!
Folks --
For what it's worth, which may not be much. My neighbor in T9N visited the Murry and Olympia sites this Monday, October 13. At the Murry site, the pipeline to the well is nearing completion. The pipe line crew was tunneling under the road when he was at the site. One of the crew allowed, that they were going to be connecting the well to the pipe line within a few days and start production. The word on the Olympia well was that they were probably going to drill another well very close to the existing well. The reason was that this would permit them to exploit the existing fracture zones created from the first well. Sounds plausible to me, but I'm not an O&G field person. Can anyone comment on this speculation?
I spoke with some surveyors this morning. The young man said there was about 18 crews working around here (Converse). He said they were working for Chesapeake surveying for forthcoming pipelines. Chesapeake has a new location flagged off about one-half mile from here but its not permitted yet.
Update on Murry --
The rumor mills have not quite shut down. A neighbor visited the Murry site a few days ago. Work is still in process for the pipe line. A pipe line worker at the site said not to expect the pipe line to be ready until maybe Christmas time --- I assume that's this year. Previous posting on 10/8 was way optimistic in retrospect .
The Sonlite entry for the the Murry well, dated 11/03/08 has status as flaring. What role does flaring have in preparing a well for production?
On 2/9/09 SONRIS shows that a well (serial 239013) named Olympia Minerials Inc was spud in sec. 32 T09N-R12W. Is this a re-drill of the Olympia Minerials 26 (serial 236842) that they had to plug due to tubing collapse? The new well is in a different section, so I wouldn't think it would be a re-drill.....looks more like a new separate well. Anyway, good luck on this one....hope it's a winner. Better move on up and unitize sect. 5 LOL.
waltcop, I looked on sonris and this new well seems to be a shallow well (i.e., not a Haynesville Shale well), and not drilled by SWEPI. I think it has nothing to do with Olympia Minerals 26.
A friend who lives in 9N confirms it is a shallow well. May be an antempt to set up a hbp lease to ensure shale wells in future. Petro Hawk has been offering 2,500 bonus per acre and 25% royalty. Every one I know in 9N that is not currently leased is waiting for the bonus to hit $8k -- $12k per acre range before considering to lease. That may take a couple of years....
Looks like sonris is now showing the Murray 31at Pleasant Hill in production at 3165 mcfd.Forest oil has also got a permit for a Haynesville well southwest of Noble out by the lake near Wright's landing.
Hey Mike- For us laymen who have no earthly idea what this means...is 3165 mcfd. good? fair? or nothing to speak of? Thanks for keeping us informed! I've been watching for some time!
CBT, that rate is good given that the Murray 31 was a vertical well rather than a horizontal.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service