I received a letter from Hargrove etal 10-23-08 for a pre-application notice for ten units in North Shreveport, T-18N, R-14, 15W. The area is from North Market to Pinehill Rd to Shreveport Blanchard Hwy (large undeveloped tracts are included in the area). The application is the notice of intent to create the 10 units and force pool separately owned tracts within the units. This company seemed to run under the radar, Twin Cities was actively leasing for CHK. Anyone have information?

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This would include me & mine from your description. Keep us posted please.
What part of Pine Hill do you have property. We are 1 mile from Blanchard and 2 miles from Singleton Road. This sounds good.
Jim, We received the same letter here in 18N 15W Section 10. Is there anything we can to to fight it? Does that mean we may be in a drilling area larger than 640 acres?
At least Samson is drilling in the Blanchard area. I guess it won't be all bad. Better that they lease us and drill rather the waiting for the likes of Chesapeake to come knocking on our door! Chesapeake is notorious for buying leases and then sitting on them.
That was'nt same Jim Hodges that I talked to ...The Jim Hodges I talked to was a real ass.
Forming multiple units is a good thing. They will in all probability still be 640 acre units. At least that is the norm. There must be a lot of land already leased there and in all probability there will be some drilling there. Samson is active now in T19n and seems to be a big player in N caddo with Nadel-Gussman and Matador. Let em roll.
I told the others in our coalition that we at least will get leased. We know that Arnie Castellano leased up many acres out our way, but there are still hundreds of acres in this coalition that are unleased. As long as the units remain 640 acres, we will be happy. Now, any idea as to what the land will lease for? I know in T19N the leases were about $17,500 an acre. I hope that we will be in that same range, even with the down turn in leasing bonuses.
Good advice GoshDarn.
We have just over an acre so we will not get enough bonus money to do much with other than pay the taxes! There are others with considerable acreage and they will be the ones to "realize the dream". It may be that I will be the one to just go into business with Samson!
You are right about lease amounts. I would hope that the offers will still be in the $15,000 range but you never know. It has always been a crap shoot at best! Now as to the royalty, that MUST remain at the 25% or I will definitely be riding the well down. It may be worth the hold out for our children's sake.
Just exactly how many producing horizontal Haynesville wells do you folks know about north of Cross lake in T18 or T19 ? I try to follow the play quite closely and I, for one, am not aware of a single horizontal Haynesville that is producing and has had flow rates announced. As long as gas is below $8 per mcf, you can kiss $15K -$17.5 leases goodby. By the way, I am not in the O & G business in any way other than as a mineral owner, but to say that Ckesapeake "is on their back" is a huge exageration. They are largely spending money drilling and building pipeline and compressor infrastructure rather than leasing your "little over one acre". Go to SW Caddo Parish and look at the rigs they have drilling and the pipelines they are building and you will have a completely different perspective. In all, they have either completed, are drilling, permitted, or staked more than 60 horizontal Haynesville wells by my count. That is probably more than twice as many horizontals as all the other operators combined. I just found a stake with streamers all over it which stated, "Well Location; 15/15 Section 32". I just happen to own 80 acres in section 32 and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have drill a Haynesville well in my section, with Petrohawk being a close second. Me trying to drill my own land would be my last choice, so the O & G companies must serve some purpose. By the way, I do agree with you on the quarter royalty............I would never take less.
Samson Contour Energy has alot of red flags on sonris. Also they have had several drilling permits expire the last few years. Alot of their wells in north bossier are putting out just enough to be held by production for years and years. Maybe this is the norm, I dont know. Its not like we get to choose who drills in our section, only wether we sign the lease.
All this is very interesting & a little scary I guess. La. Lady what is a pre-application notice & letter? Why would they announce force pooling? I don't intend to sign anything unless I get a favorable offer & that would be thru an attorney of my choosing. I guess it is scary because I'm out of state & still may have some unresolved mineral rights issues. Many thanks to each of you that have posted thus far. 18N 14W.
The pre-application letter announces Samson's intent. The 10 units use typical section boundaries as follows; all in T18N (R15W, sections 1, 12) and (R14W, sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 15). The landman contact is Mr. Collin Sniff. I will exercise my right to request the conference with a 10-day notification to applicant by letter. That conference is on 11-19 at the Petroleum Club.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service