OK, Jack just came to a realization.  Is a NG powered car a bomb?  NG has a lower flash point and will explode easier than gasoline.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do they armor the natural gas fuel cell in vehicles or what??????????  Help Brother Jack understand...........................

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack, calm down, count to 10, take deep breaths. I read recently, possibly on this site, that the tanks are made of carbon fiber or something like that and indestructable. Tested over and over under extreme situations and just do not burst.
Maybe someone with a better memory than I can print the article for us.
Only problem is that the same article said they take 6 hours or so to fill.
Jack, state cars and trucks have been using this for many years. At one point, a TX Gov. was wanting all new school buses to be ordered to use NG. I have never heard of an explosion nor accident, etc. I firmly believe had there been anything negative, I would have heard about it. LOL I have talked with the drivers and they were happy with it.
Jeff,

I remember reading that same article, but can't remember exactly where it came from.

Linda
If you go to a fast-fill facility, it is supposed to take the same amount of time as filling up with unleaded.
Is that what Bossier is building to support their NG vehicles?
34. Being lighter than air, in case of eventual leakage, compressed natural gas rises and rapidly dissipates. Instead, gasoline spills and moves downwards, what increases fire and explosion risk considerably during an accident or leakage.
35. NGV/CNG requires a 600º C temperature for ignition while gasoline and liquefied petroleum gas ignite at 450º C. This is the reason why it is much more improbable that an NGV catches fire, under any circumstance.
36. The fuel circuit for natural gas is hermetic and has no air inside. Therefore there is no spontaneous ignition. On the contrary, in liquid fuels tanks, there is always flammable mixture, since they are open to the atmosphere.
37. Cylinders are manufactured under very strict safety norms and are subject to tests with pressures much higher than the ones existing during a regular refilling. Design and testing pressure is 300 Bar, they do not explode at less than 460 Bar, and the working pressure is 200 Bar.
38. Due to their robustness, structure, shape and its location inside the vehicle, cylinders are much less dangerous than a gasoline tank in case of collision. For example, they undergo tests with fire and firearms.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=63519867926&topic=14920
GREAT information P.G........ thanks!
Accidents can happen, a few years back... I remember a guy that had his car rigged up to run on LP gas. The tank was mounted in the trunk. There was a gas leak that filled the car with a gas and air mixture. He got in his car one morning, started the engine and when he switched on the air conditioner.... BOOM! Luckily it did not catch on fire and he was not seriously injured, however it blew out all the windows of his brand new 1959 Ford. Needless to say, after the accident, he started to trust his car to the man who wears the star.
Is the keyword here "rigged"...... and 1959???????
There are a lot of conversions for sale out there. What I would like to see is one or more of the manufacturers to offer factory made cng vehicles that will run on either cng or gasoline with the flip of a switch. I would hate to have someone convert my truck and screw up the computer.
I am interested in the Bossier fueling station that opens this week. This will be the first time I am able to buy E-85 to use in my truck. I've had it 5 years and never run into a station that sells the stuff. It is supposed to be configured to run on that or gasoline.
Hey Jeff,

What is E-85?
That is the famous 85% ethanol that was supposed to be the wave of the future. Made from corn mostly but could be made by almost any kind of bio waste. Sugar cane, even grass. A few years ago all of the car companies made many models that could run off of either gasoline or E-85 interchangeably in the same fuel tank, made them all feel good about themselves. The computer in the car or truck is supposed to make adjustments to the fuel mix. Only thing is there have never been many fueling stations and the gas mileage is not as good. Price is supposed to be significantly less than gas though.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service