The price per acre for Caddo Parish have hit $30,212 per acre today!

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats insane money! There has to be a breaking point where the O&G Companys say. Ok that is it! You only have a couple of players that can fork out this kind of money for a leases. If they join together and say this is what we are going to offer MAX than this is it. Any Speculation to where that number is? Was that how the Barnett Bonuses were Caped? Just a thought, How far can you push this Bar? They say that these wells should produce in excess of three times what the Barnett did. My speculation is the max should be around 27K x 3 = 81K Which wouldnt be for everyone but defenitly for the people in the areas with 200+ Ft of Shale.
Companies colluding on max bonus payments would be illegal. Much different for private persons banding together. Also, the players involved (for the most part) in the HS play are big enough to make significant lease payments. CHK, HK, EnCana are making plenty of $. Also, I thought the PXP contribution to CHK's acreage was an imputed $30,000/acre. Meaning, it would not be odd for them to be leasing out land at that level...maybe someone else is more saavy on this point.
There is a difference b/w a maximum point of what A company will pay versus actively working with other companies in the market to fix prices/payments. You are mixing two examples. And, yes, I agree that if it were legal...we would see A LOT more of it.
I dont see how it would be illegal, they are not Bidding on anything they are making offers. No different than saying that Capitol 1 nor Bank of america will loan you any more than 10% over of the blue book value on a car. Believe me they may not advertise it, but there has to be a breaking point. It may be area significant, but there is a limit!
Unofficial collusion happens I'm sure, but understand the main game right now is to get as much acreage as possible. We aren't at the point of seeing o&g companies cooperating yet. Much farther down the road....

Randy
Gray Sands,

Didn't CHK just sell off leases in OK to BP this week? I cannot remember the figure...exactly...but I believe it to be around (give or take) $1.75 BILLION CASH/90 THOUSAND LEASEHOLD ACRES/in the Arkon Shale play...50MMcf per day. Companies closing deal Aug. 8, 2008.

I guess "much farther down the road" for holding hands with Big Oil isn't too much farther down the "shale" road.

Have a good one!
Do you know what Desoto is going for per acre?
How are land owners being contacted? Are they being contacted by letter, phone? Are the land owners making the first move? I have a piece of property that I am interested in leasing. I need to know if I need to wait to be contacted or if I should make the first move. Thanks for any info.
ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFO ON PRICE PER ACRE IN THE BURTON PAUL SURVEY, BETWEEN HUXLEY AND PAULS STORE

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service