Is it true when the landmen tells you and your group that we have a specific time table to sign with his company or he/they will walk? (Like they did Dogwood).

I live in the Haughton/Princeton area and we have a meeting with the landman from red river land dealing for Chesapeake of course. I was told he is going to tell us to sign by this weekend or they were going elsewhere. I dont like the offer he is giving us, what happens if even 90% dont sign?

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They use these pressure tactics to get people to sign. Had Dogwood held out as a group either they would have come back with another offer or someone else would have.
Thanks Kassi, but from what I hear people are saying that they talked to other representatives that say they aren't leasing here now. I am trying to talk to my neighbors and tell them to hold out, but I dont know if its working. As far I know Red River Land is the only one who has offered anything.
Hello Ms.Linda , Knowledge and patience will be the determining factors on whether you were as successful as you could have been during this phase of the Play. This part of the play being the only part that you have any control over whatsoever.We do not have the power to force them to drill in our section, ever.

Speaking from experience it is difficult to say the least , to watch as others have begun to receive offers and you yourself seem to have been overlooked.Or the offers you do get are almost insulting. You must remember that we are playing their game.As informed as we could ever get, its still their game and always will be.These guy's have spent Billions of dollars sharpening their skills.If you ever show a weakness, you are theirs.

That is the main reason I have not , nor will I contact them.They know you are out there.When the time comes you couldn't hide well enough to stay out of their view. I view them trying to force you into contacting them as a tool ,that has been used to a large degree with great success ,because of fear. Fear that you will not be approached.Fear that they will pull out of the area.Fear that they may have to force pool you , etc. They are professional manipulators and some even fall into the category of predators!

Please find a group somewhere if your area doesn't have one or has already signed. Make your voice louder.These guy's are not your friends.They will take what they can and then vanish. As soon as you can make yourself start looking at it from this perspective , the less likely you will be taken advantage of!

Ms. Linda, if you can't find neighbors that are willing to stick with you, call us! You can stand right beside us in South Webster.Heck you probably ain't 4 1/2 miles from my house as the crow fly's anyway. Do not allow them to divide your area.If they do they will chew it up just like they did Dogwood! I hope this helps some .
Thanks, snakestewart, but my question now is can I join another group if I dont think my group is doing a good job? I mean we have a couple of neighbors who are doing the negotiating but I havent signed anything with them and neither has another neighbor friend of mine who thinks the way I do. We both have 3 acre tracts, total of 6 acres and who knows how many other neighbors that arent happy with the last offer, (8500.00), How far out can you go with another group if all doesnt sign. I am totally confused. Thanks for your help!
You have every right to do what is best for you and yours! I would certainly give my neighborhood group the benefit of the doubt 1st though.They are your neighbors.Even if you had signed a sheet stateing your intent to let this person handle negotiations , I do not feel it is legally binding. SBossier just commented on that on another post.You need to let your group know that what has happened in other areas isn't going to happen to you ! If you start to get the pressure treatment ,I would just back away.But let your group know beforehand that you will do this if pressured.They are trying to get something of yours , you are not trying to get, or sell, something that is theirs! Stop negotiating with them until they begin to show you the respect that they should be showing! Your minerals are going to someone eventually. They are just auditioning for the part. If they don't work out..... Next please!!!!
the Haynesville play is atleast 3x bigger than the Barnett play in FT. Worth....guess what

its five yrs later and they are still leasing in FT. Worth at an avg. rate of $27,000/ acre

Chesakpeake just had 13 brand new oil rigs built especially designed for the Haynesville shale.
How do you get in contact with red river?
Politely tell him to carry his happy hiney! Landmen are like buses, another one will come along in 15 minutes!!!
My opinineion, you can't go to the table with these guys with the belief you have something to lose. You have to approach it like they do, a business, each landowner is a business owner, a corporation, you have put sweat equity into what you have and you have every right to let the market work for you...as it currently is. I alwaysget a kick out of it when a landman syas "now royalties, that's where it really is, these lease bonuses are just iceing on the cake" well if that's the case then pay me a true market lease bonus and get on with the production phase you are so certain about.

They'll try using fear but you have the negotiating edge as landowner...they can't create more acreage out of thin air...theyre not not making widgets they are drilling for gas.
Hi i live on hwy 614 and also am dealing with red river and we are discussing an offer but will not be railroaded like that. What kind of offer have you been given, Are you going with K Gilbert's group?
Hi Don, no I am afraid I dont know this K Gilbert group. Who are they? I live off of Winnfield rd. and as of last, my neighbors and I are coming together quiet nicely so far. We all agree that our last offer of 8500.00 wasnt fair, we now are not seeing the original land man from red river but seeing another we just found out about . We here he offered someone who lives thru the woods so to speak ( I am looking thru the trees at his back door) and was offered 15,000.00. I am impressed with this, wish us luck and we definately will try to hang in there. Also, no one here is charging a 4% cut for doing leg work, we are all pitching in together. Oh, and thanks Haynesville for the comment you left, also snakestewart. But I would like to ask you two if you mind if I use some of your wording at my neighborhood group meeting tommorrow (Saturday). The true meaning of sweat equity touched my true feelings of the word MINE NOT YOURS, and I will most definately keep the words, NEXT PLEASE, in mind. Thanks to all for commenting. And I hope I can at least help others when time comes.
Ms. Linda, you are more then welcome to use anything I say ,unless of course it ends up in a defamation of character case. If that happens ....I have no idea what she is talking about, Your Honor! HA!HA!

All jokes aside, if I see my neighbors (your area) in deliberations with O & G, it is the right thing to do to try and help in any manner that is at my disposal. It is also in my best interest to try to help you to keep fighting the good fight. As long as you are a target, the less likely that I am! This not only gives me time to get ready but also gives me an unlimited supply of info that can help me when it is my time.I can benefit greatly from your deliberations.It's not real fair but it would be a waste not to.

I sent out a parish wide memo a while back that simply stated that everyone in our group should do everything in their power to help the people that were locked in negotiations with O & G companies.Any questions that we could answer,any posts that would help in a certain situation,etc. The reason that I did was because you guy's are paving the way for people that are still in the back of the class ,like myself, that haven't come under fire yet.Each person that gets to go after someone else ,has info that may not have been there before. Bonus offer amounts,royalty % .What seems to be the new angle of attack they are currently using . The list goes on and on. The more help that I can provide the better off you will be.The more help you provide the better off I will be.It is a continuing circle that could benefit everyone if they would simply stop looking out for themselves.Kind of a weird way of looking at things I guess but it sure has worked sofar. That "do unto others" thing could make a huge difference in everyones lives if we would just apply it. Thank you for this discussion as I have truly enjoyed it. Please do not hesitate to ask ,if I can be of any help ! Good luck with your group.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service