Is it true when the landmen tells you and your group that we have a specific time table to sign with his company or he/they will walk? (Like they did Dogwood).

I live in the Haughton/Princeton area and we have a meeting with the landman from red river land dealing for Chesapeake of course. I was told he is going to tell us to sign by this weekend or they were going elsewhere. I dont like the offer he is giving us, what happens if even 90% dont sign?

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, what is the legal description your land is in? Don Haughton
Can you give me the name of who your dealing with i might call them and deal with them also?
The Big O&G companies only have so many rigs and only so many planned for each year to bring online. Even if you sign or dont rush into signing they are only going to drill a certain amount of wells. Your land could sit there for years and they never drill even if you sign a lease. And if you do not sign with someone right now I bet you later down the line someone will make you another offer. Natural gas will always be in demand and prices prob will just go up. And i look at it this way I did not know I would even have this money a few months ago so I can wait. Of coarse I am not a large land owner so it will not mean very much money to me. Just a few more dollars than I had.
Every little bit helps. Hang in there !
We are having a clause included in our lease that says if you don't drill with in 3 years we get the lease $$ all over again this is on a 3-5 yr lease so basically if you sign with someone as you say and they don't have the wells in and you're waiting on the wells because you want royalties this clause helps with that... very good addition to any lease!!!!
thanks Chelle, very good advice. I will definately have it added.
He may or may not be bluffing you. Are you a poker player?

Randy
Good advice Earl, I already used it though, and turned out pretty well after all, so, Yes Randy, guess you can say I am a poker player. I got 2 new landmen to play with, lol..
So you didn't sign? What are the new guys offering per acre/royalty?
no, i havent signed yet, kinda leaving between them actually. I am playing poker.
Please make sure you look at the lease Kassi has posted. This is what you want in your lease.
Come on Randy, we haven't talked in a while .My feelings are kinda' hurt.If I remember correctly a while back you said you were on both sides of this issue. Are you unleased or have you signed ?

By the way , I'd rather play the "shale" game instead of poker! Everyones a winner and no dry holes. What a game !!!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service