PIPELINE contracts.....lets get ahead this time or is it too late

people are still reeling from the cheap leasing that took alot of familes & generations fast.

where do we start on the pipline leasing ?/

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

has anybody been approached lately about laying pipes for a gas line?
if so, how much are they offering.
I was told by Louisiana Mainstream that they were paying $250/rod and $3,000/acre for timberland acreage. This is for a 50 ft ROW with a 25 ft temporary ROW and 2 pipelines - 8" & 12".
Sam, don't laugh, but when you said, "$3000/acre for timberland acreage..." does that mean they woud pay more if land were cleared? (still learning)
Hey, I have the same question. Please answer ASAP as we are contemplating clearing off 56 acres in DeSoto and selling the timber. Is the offer gas pipeline offer better with or without timber on the land?????
From my experience lately it is better to have the pipeline company give you a price with timber still standing. Then after you get your money from them you can get it cut and also get that money as well. And that is from personal experience. If you don't get it cut they cut it down burn it and bury what is left!
Good to know. Are there any timber/forestry companies that you would recommend? We drove by a Red River Forestry while in Mansfield this weekend, but I can't find a listing for them anywhere.
We have a pine plantation that a well site was recently put on and we have several pipelines across the property. Basically, when a pipeline or well site is put in a timberland area, you have lost that property to timber income for a very, very long time (probably forever during your life time). We were able to negotiate for income of 30years on the pines due to this argument. Frankly, I don't think it was enough. I am young and could get at least 2 full 30year rotations out of the land, not to mention what my childen could have for growth potential. GONE - for what a gas company wants to pay you.

From my experience, when you have timberland and you give a right-of-way for a pipeline or well, you just SOLD you land. Oh yea....you still get to pay taxes on it too.
Is the pipeline put across your land yet? If so, did they stay within their 75 feet, or whatever they had said they would do? Or did they destroy and damage more trees on the outside of their easement? I have a feeling that trees will be killed along the easement for the next 2 years or so.
What about the clean up, did they burn or chip and mulch the tops ect.?
Eat Beef,

They will most likely not do much of anything that you do not require them to do in your ROW agreement.
Why didn't you hire an appraiser?
I recommend The Crawford Forestry Group, Shreveport, LA, very reliable and ethical.
This company has been reccommended to me. I have not had any timber cut yet but it was reccommended by someone that I trust.

Vince Drake
Armistead Land and Timber Company
Bossier City, Louisiana
Telephone number: 1 888 882 8733

Betty Crain

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service