I live in the Timbers E. subdivision in Haughton. When we bought the land the mineral rights were kept by Pioneer Bank. I've read that after ten years the rights go to the owner. Is this ten years after signing loan or ten years after payoff? Also does anyone know of any offers in this subdivision? Thanks

Views: 74

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I would think it would be when you took possession of the property...the day you signed your mortgage would make sense to me ... otherwise it would be in most people's case 30 years ... Besides hasn't Pioneer Bank been out of business for a number of years now anyway ?
Is there any production in this unit? Mineral rights only revert if there is no production in the unit for ten years.
As far as I know there has been no production. This land was purchased twenty years ago. Thanks
you need a lawyer, not opinions on a bulletin board.
You are right Mr. John B , O.K. Guy's ,This young lady needs an o.k. on the good advice given by Mr. Herefordsnshale & relative newcomer Skyfroging ? If one of our pro's could chime in it would be great.

By the way Mr. John B , If this is just a bulletin board, which it is not, what exactly are you doing here ? Looking for someone to mow the lawn ? We try to help wherever we can. Just let us know!
Please send your Section, Township and Range and I will gladly check to see if there has been production. Or you can go to SORIS link on this site and look it up.
You don't need an attorney for this.
The 10 years is from the date of purchase. If there has been no production (or no good faith effort at production) it is 10 years. It is very simple to find out. No need to pay an attorney $150-$250 per hour to find out basic information. That is just what this board is for.
You could call one of the companies leasing, and eventually they will let you know if you own the mineral rights or not. But if you call them, you have told them you are one of the fish they can shoot in a barrell. At least make yourself one of the fish that are swimming in the river (a little harder to get at). Make them work for it.
If you don't know your Section, Township and Range, the Assessor's office will probably let you know.
GOOD LUCK.
Thank you Parker for the kind offer.This is what sets this site apart!
SONRIS
ok, i understand the 10 year frame, but can you tell me how, or whom to contact to have this changed over?
Call and check with the courthouse where the deed is on file.They can ask one of the vultures in there looking up stuff. Those guy's should be able to shed some lite on it. HA!HA!
I AM NOT A LANDMAN.
Sorry, had to get that out of the way.
The 10 years can be interupted by drilling as I stated above. It does not need to be production.
The landman has to do the research at the courthouse and at the Department of Conservation (per SONRIS). I own a piece of property where the interuption was in question because a well was drilled and not productive.
I bought property in 2005 the party I purchased from had no mineral rights from the person they bought it from in 2001. The TITLE company never informed me and did not disclose no mineral rights on my title either. What can I do? This is a great site, I love it!
Thanks so mich for all your help

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service