How are the companies going to drill under Cross Lake? I think they need to be 1000' from the lake and the lake bottom has been leased, so how can they tap the gas in the center?

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How far horizontallly can wells be dug?

how wide is Cross Lake ??
Varies but in some areas two miles wide, so I guess they could access the middle from north and south side.
They will drill what the pros call a 'horizontal well.' This is a well which actually has two parts: a vertical and a horizontal part. They will begin by drilling a vertical borehole from surface down to within a few hundred feet of the pay zone, and then deviate the borehole to it's 'lateral' component, which, in a typical shale well, will extend up to 5,000' horizontally.
The city prohibition on drilling within 1,000 feet of Cross Lake was struck down in
EMC v. City of Shreveport. All drilling around Cross Lake is now regulated by the Office of Conservation.

That said, horizontal drilling will still be required in most instances.
Can Cross Lake be included in a 640 acre unit along with other acreage?
Ray, I am in a section that is 50% Cross Lake and since the state leased the lake bottom I assume it will be included.
I have 2 acres in T18N R15W Section 24...N.172 Contour of Cross Lake.....

am I to assume that Cross Lake is below this contour...
Only if you have lake frontage on your land.
would you happen to be in section 1 of T17N15W? I have lakefront property within this section and have yet to be approached with an offer.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service