I live in 5-18N-11W (in Duck Island Sub). Anyone living near: Have you been contacted by a o&g co?

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in 13-18n-12 and one letter but did not respond.
That I know of, I haven't received any offers. I just hope I didn't think it/they was trash & throw it away without opening it!
Hey Beth,
Hold tight lots going on. Will have more offers later. Remember when there are more neighbors involved that will be more land and better offers.
Lorrie Hickman aka Florida Ginnie
Hey, Lorrie! (my husband's aunt in Florida). I've seen your username, but hadn't gotten around to looking at a lot of channels, so I didn't know it was you before now. I'm glad you found my discussion.

All, I've found that I might have a problem. From what I've read on this site, I think I need to find out how long it's been since the developer bought this land. Is it true that it has to be 10+ yrs since the developer bought the land in order for the landowner to also own the mineral rights? I bought this piece in 12/05, was not the first owner (early 2004 I think), and don't know when Belle Cherri actually bought this land. Does it matter? I haven't decided if I'm going back to the C of C to look it up or just call CHK and have them tell me. What do you think? I wonder if there's anything I can do about it if the developer does own the rights. The guy at the C of C said my land wasn't reserved, so I'm confused! Is there a group already coming together in or around this area?

There is a HS education seminar at the BPCC gym on Tuesday July 29. I don't know of any other meetings/seminars. I haven't heard about meetings until it was too late to attend. The O&G companies are covering this area now. Good luck everyone!
Did find out I & a few other residents do own the mineral rights. There's another discussion:
Can a regular landowner group together with a land developer
Please give your experience on that topic there.
Hey Beth,
Called you back a.s.a.p left message. If you went to the court and the clerk pulled up info, so what did he or she say? You do own min. rights? Yes or no? Take a walk in your neighborhood with flyers explaining that you would like to group with them to have the ability of larger offers from O&G Co's. P.S. if you do sign a lease contract all parties on deed have to sign too in order for it to be VALID.
I have POA for the duration of Ricky's deployment, so that's covered.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service