Would it be feisable to approach O&G co. for a top lease on mineral servitude, which will return to me 4-09, if non production stays intact. From research and asking Jay the geologist opinion it would be unlikely they could secure leases, obtain permits, clear site for pad, and begin drilling by 4-09. Any information would be appreciated.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gatrpaw, I,m in S2T18R15. Thanks for your response.
Stan,
I have 10 acres by you, the lot with the American flags. We haven't talked to anyone in several months since the rights aren't ours til 4/09. How does this top lease work?

Thanks,
Chi
Chi,
A top lease can be negotiated with O&G co. even though we don't have ownership of mineral rights at this time. It's a letter of intent, which secures O&G co. of our acreage at the agreed upon price and royalty %. They pay you a % of the cash bonus and when mineral servitude expires and returns to us we get the remainder of bonus %. It may be adventagous for them to lock us in now due to price of bonuses keep rising. I'll keep ya'll informed.
Thanks,
Yes please keep me updated. I know my dad talks to some of the neighbors so if I hear anything on this end I will let ya know.
I have the same situation. I am a couple of sections from you in T19. EXCO's lease expires in 7 months. My section has multiple companies holding leases. The people in my section who weren't approached in 2006 are trying to organize and or pool with other sections. They have not been approached by anyone to sign to date. I plan on doing nothing now. The section to the west has a pad being built. I know that holding back can be a double edge sword. If a well in this area makes, then the lease offers will increase. But could be vice versa. Gatepaw is correct about EXCO re-signing, 8K/acre w/ 28%
I am very interested in Matador's Hall 5 in Sec 5 T19N 15W. Last I saw was intermediate casing set. I assume they have made the bend and are probably close to TD if not there. It may be in completion. If anyone know anything please reply.
They set 7" production casing?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service