I am tired of all the "I heard"s on this board. Let me share: We have an offer in writing from Lou-Tex for $8550/ac. 25% royalties for property in Sec. 28, T19, 15W. I am waiting to see if Manna is going to outbid them. Manna's last offer was $7500. They will e-mail me today with a final offer. We are not paying anyone a % for "negotiations". If you want to go through a broker to get more, knock yourself out. We anticipate having a check within 2 weeks from one co. or the other and begin earning interests on it. We would rather go this route than throw our names in the pot with Arnie Castellano or Steve Thrower. Regardless, I wish the best to everyone and hope all of us prosper.

Views: 191

Replies to This Discussion

I am beside you in Sec 27. I am with you on giving any percent to anyone or any group. My street and a few others are under Lease with Winchester (EXCO) until Feb 09. I believe a top lease offer might be on the horizon. Got a call today just testing the waters. I am also very leary of someone with a small parcel of property trying to lead a multi-section area. I understand this "herd mentality" is great in some conditions, but herds have been chased over the cliffs. They have also meet their demise by following their leader. Hope you received the offer you were looking for.
very good observations I.E herds
Eric
Lou-Tex reneged on their offer of 8550/ac. I have contacted Manna to see if their offer is still good (7500/ac). Have you had any further offers; and if so, which companies?
That sounds great J.Todd. I am not throwing my name in the pot with either of those guys. Their pots are slop jars!
If I put my house on the market, and the most I can get is $125,00,
then a realtor come along and can get me $200,000 for a 6% fee.
Which do you think I'm taking ?
Ray,
In theory, going with the "realtor" is the way to go. Just be aware that you are tied to your "realtor" for 150-180 days. Also, before signing a contract with said "realtor", read the fine lines. It will say that there is no guarantee that your "realtor" will be able to get you $200,000.
RAY-T
I believe you are comparing apples to oranges. I agree with "Cathaus'" response re: realtors vs. mineral rts. brokers. Check the S'port Times today re: the info about Fortress Mngmt. They claimed to be a rep. of Chesapeake and Chesapeake denied this. A number of brokers are claiming to represent and O & G co., and that's not always the case. Every broker with whom I've had contact wants a per cent. That's okay if you can lock them into a 2-4 week results contract....meaning if they aren't prepared to pay you what they promised in 2 -4 wks., the deal is off and you are free to shop elsewhere. Like Cathaus said, you are locked into a realtor with no guarantees for up to 6 months. I would like to know if anyone who has signed with Steve Thrower or Arnie C. have received checks within a reasonable time.
Leasee beware! I would continue to seek out other parties who would be interested in leasing your land.
LCAIR,
At this point I am not going to pursue anything. I know the landmen have to run the titles on all of the leases they presently have and they will come knocking again.
J Todd,
You and I share the same sentiment. If they want us, they will have to come find us. I am tired of being the chaser. It is time to be the chasee!
you going to play hard to get eh...?
yes, it worked for me 39 years ago. I played hard to get, got got and the rest is ancient history!!!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service