Does anyone know why only certain areas are being leased?

I was told not everyone would be asked to lease. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If this shale is so big then why are certain areas left out? I have yet to find anyone who can tell me if this is true. I find it hard to believe but was told if the energy companies get enough land leases in a certain area and you are close to that area but not asked to lease then your minerals are not needed. I was also told that they can not put a rig within 500 feet of a dwelling. If this is true then why are they leasing so many subdivisions? I would like to know if anyone out there can help me answer these questions. Many of my neighbors are asking but no one has been able to tell us.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe they want to leave some structure standing underground so the earth doesn't collapse! (JK)
You may be one of the LUCKY ones!! And what could I possibly mean by that?? Well some of us are being bombarded by offers, lied to or some have signed way to soon and what looks to you as though we are lucky because of this in effect if you are in an area that has'nt been touched yet then sit back and don't worry.... Keep with this FORUM it is very informative and when your time comes you will be prepared to deal with it better than most here have..Some here and lots that don't even use the I-Net have been rushed into signing ...or rushing into signing so they don't get left out.. The Barnett is 7 years strong, a friend of mine just leased last week in Dallas Co. For more than the Ft. Worth leases went for... I don't believe if you are in the shale area you'll be left out eventually you will be contacted they (O&G) won't leave a stone unturned before this is over....and it won't be over for a very long time hope someone helps you with your other questions besides being funny!!
Thankyou so much. I have been looking for answers and no seems to know anything. I do feel lucky in the fact that I do not have the hassle that seems to be happening with this. Thanks again for answering.
I'd like to point out that most of these things were spearheaded by Fort Worth and Chesapeake is the company with the experience in these things. That is why you go for the experienced company versus the fly by night operator.

Not just anybody has experienced people in these type of scenarios.

Demand from your landmen that they tell you why their operator is qualified to do these things.
Also a bit of a clue as to how crazy this is for me......just my personal experience dos'nt mean anyone else is going through this come this next week our "group" of landowners are going to vote I am not so sure I am in agreement with the offers we have to choose from the guy whose handleing our section of landowners is wanting to wrap this thing up...he wants out....makes one wonder, I can understand in one way just feel like the time is'nt right to sign just a gut feeling at this same time Red River leasing is wanting us to lease saying they are working in behalf of Chesapeake and Chesapeake is'nt going this far east Well Chesapeake is one of the offers we are voting on.. OK so ignore RRleasing When they come after you and I mean that not in a funny way they will not leave you alone!!! I guess the important thing to always keep in mind this is bussiness dealings it is about the $$$ For them first you second!! I agree with everyone that says this is our dirt we have what they want I also think that this is money from heaven so to speak but if you look at it like a leased car then the idea becomes very clear they are taking the minerals from the earth and once gone it's take billions of years to replenish it makes it a once in a lifetime deal so since it's a bussiness deal make it a good one!!!
All I can really chime in is that Red River IS a broker for Chesapeake.
I like your input Randy but at the same time , I'm kinda slow. What do you mean by this comment?
Red River Land is working for Chesapeake, I felt the post was inferring that RRL was not really working on behalf of Chesapeake.
Sorry Randy I think RR was covering ground that Chesapeake had already covered I was'nt referring that RR was not affiliated with Chesapeake or acting on behalf of them..apologies
If you are on the Haynesville Shale , you will eventually be found. There isn't any place to hide when the time comes. The O&G's have to downplay the value of your area. They can't openly admit that your place is worth a fortune or they would have to compensate you accordingly. They certainly don't want to pay you what it is worth. Please read my post in Webster parish this morning about the facts and fictions of that 51 % leased garbage they tell people to scare them into signing cheap. It works too. Look at how dissappointed you feel right now. Your area is prime for takeover.You have to inform yourselves to be able to combat the games that these clowns play ! They will never be fair to you unless you make them. That is the nature of this game. If you do not stand up and fight for what is yours you will simply be gobbled up like so many before you. READ , READ , READ !!!!!!! Knowledge and strength of number are your two best defenses against O&G's. Get ready because they will be coming. They are probably lurking around right now , you just don't know it yet ! Good Luck.
although there is about 4,000 landmen woking this area;
based on the homeowner's population in this area, there are thousands of people who has not been contacted.
Thats not wishful thinking Rosebud , thats exactly how each and every human being should treat each other. We as a people decide when and where fairness and equality come into play , instead of it being second hand to us. It is sad to think that we must have to decide to be fair instead of it being human nature to do the direct opposite. That is the nature of human nature though. You do not have to train a child to be naughty or to tell a lie. You have to train them not to lie and to be good.

With me being your godson , look how well you have done for your self. Although I probably will not be painting the trim on the house for you , unless of course that letter of intent I signed for my allowance can be renegotiated. HA!HA!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service