Anybody got any news from this meeting yet??

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

PD Meeting ?? What is it?
I attended the meeting tonight at the Plain Dealing High School Gym-it was basically general info on the haynesville shale deposit and the different companies offering mineral leases-an attorney was present who was very informative answering general questions-as far as specific offers for the Plain Dealing - I know of none existing yet-one attendee said she had called Chesapeak and was advised by them that Plain Dealing was NOT part of the Haynesville Shale deposit and they had no interest in any leases in this area-that is not what the attorney said-and that is not what a landman I know of said-the landman did advise me it might "be a while" before we are approached up here because of the sheer volume of gas being pumped out already by existing wells-they are actually producing more gas than they can store or transport at this point....so...the message of the meeting was to get your title deed and find out how much acreage you own, whether or not you own the mineral rights and be patient-we were asked to bring copies of our land titles to the next meeting so the council would have a count of how many acres we had to use as bargaining power with the oil companies-I did not hear an announcement as to when the next meeting would be- will probably be posted at the truck stop in PD though, just like the notice for this one
Clarification please?
1. What did the attorney and the landman actually say?
2. What townships were represented(in the form of landowners) at the meeting?

Our land is in T23N

Thanks so much for all the other information you provided.
Consider bypassing all of the attorneys and landmen. You will be much better off if the mineral owners in your area will organize, do your homework, and handle this yourself without giving up percentages to others.

They will tell you that they have your best interest in mind, but no one has your best your best interest at heart like you. At the end, pay an attorney by the hour to verify the legalities of everything.

Something to consider.
Anyone in Township 22 that is in Sec. 4,5,6,7,8,15,16,17,18 that want to pool their land with us is welcome to contact me. We already have approx. 2000 acres. You will represent yourself. All we are doing is presenting names, addresses, phone numbers and property describtions to potential oil and gas companies for leasing and their are companies interested! They like large tracts of land and the fact that they don't have to hire someone or do the leg work involved with finding landowners.
Dear Excited Bossier,
I am interested in finding landowners in my area to do what you are apparently doing. Have you heard of anyone in T22N, R11W (sec 34) organizing in a similiar way? How did you start organizing the landowners around you?
Thanks for any info you have.
I am not going down Hwy. 2 that far toward you but you may have to start it yourself...Get a ownership map from the courthouse and a list from the tax assessors office of the tax payers in those sections and start calling...Most landowners are very receptive!
I have land 1.5 miles south of PD on Old Plain Dealing Rd. Is this section included in one of these?
No, either you or someone else will need to start a group or you can go to the next meeting they have at PD high and someone there may can tell you if they have landowners at that way....I am east of PD...
I wish I could attend a meeting but, I live 300 miles away.
what range
9w

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service