Is the highest confirmed offer in DeSoto parish, the one the police jury signed for $28,000/acre? Also does anyone know what percentage of royalties the police jury got??

Views: 188

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Kassi,

I know that you already probably know this but in the cost free royalty clause, make sure that you list "improving" as to what you will not be paying for. Apparently it is a term that CHK prefers to HAVE in their leases. CHK agreed right away to a no deductions clause but still argued that I should pay for the "improving" the gas to get a better market price. They finally agreed that I would not have to pay that either.
Get Smart,

It could be the rumor you are hearing about the $30,000/30% was the state Mineral Board sale also. Caddo Parish lands brought $30,212 per acre and 30% royalties and I got that straight from the Sonris website so I know it is true.
One of the landmen on here, I guess it was Randy, commented that he would not agree to a no-cost royalty clause for small tracts. Do you know if this is the case? What incentive, if any, could they have for agreeing to this for a small piece of land?
Yes, I spell out the costs that can not be taken out. The latest thing is they want the land owner to pay costs if they have to "move the gas to another market to get a better price" No they do not define that other market or the costs. My response was, if it gets you a better price you would be moving regardless of if the land owners shares the costs..
We had 19 acres in the Rambin area included in a "pool" which ended today. The lawyers office advised they received NO BIDS! I don't know what is going on. Maybe the O and G's are trying to bluff us into taking low ball offers again?
who was your representative? Lawyer?
Alot of them are locking down at $20,000.00 an acre. Which, if you can get land protections is not bad in my oppinion. Especially if you can get 27% royalty or 25% royalty until the well pays for itself then go up to 30%. Remember 4 months ago the going rate was $250.00 an acre. If you stick together and wait it out you may be able to get more, then again you may not. It depends on how much the O&G companies decide to work together to keep prices stagnant.
Thanks insomniacnla,

I live out of state and the best way for me to follow the HS seems to be this site. I appreciate everyones comments, advise and help on this site. There appears to be some very experienced landowners here, I assume that some of you have already signed leases and are just telling others what to watch out for with the o&g.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!
I totally join you in thanking everyone for their information. I too, am out of state, and rely on this site for some information. I have with my sisters and cousins under 200 undivided acres in 14N14W, and are hungering for any information out there. Any contact names and phone numbers or email addresses would be appreciated. Thank you all.
I'm an out of state newbie also and I'm very thankful for this site!!

Here is the only email address I have at the moment

for XTO Energy..
http://www.xtoenergy.com/en/contact.html
a person has told me that he received 22,500 per acre from chk for 40 acres of property located on Harts Bluff rd between hwy 191 and hwy 481. Fox
Does anyone have any info on offers in 11N 13 W Section 34? Thanks in advance.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service