Any rumors of companies leasing land deep south natchitoches parish?

We were approached by big boys for 2000/acre and a fifth? We weren't even paying attention bc of our location. We are deep down natchitoches parish! Anyone else in this area?

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

Just be careful, snakes are crawling all around you. You don't need a land pool, wait for them to come to you. Only lease to the Big Boys. If it is someone that you haven't heard of, then blow them off. All kinds of small print in the lease that some may not understand. Hold for the flush but remember bluffers are out there.
Thanks Two Dogs !
I know me with my little 40 acres can count on you to help feed the plow mule.

lrb2
am in this area and have not heard of anything ........been waiting so am hoping you are right ..........T9 R8 sec 32...........any more information would be helpfull if you let me know
We are in T7 R6 and T6 R6 and have heard nothing from the O&G companies. If there is a meeting we would love to go. We are trying to be patient!! Keep the good information coming!
I spoke to a guy who works for a seismic company. He told me the company is pulling out of Natchitoches and moving north. They have no intention of working land in this parish. Granted, it's just one small company, but it was discouraging news.
gingerbread, what information i do have is most of northern natchitoches parish has been covered with seismic workers for the past few months. im uncertain what part of the parish your referring to but there is activity today going on in and around the ashland area working easterly towards goldonna and winn. my family signed a contract with a seismic company last year.

Well O N3
Seismic has got to shoot the areas already leased for the o/g companies to decide where to drill. The thousands of acres under current lease are more important to drill now in order to get the leases HBP. Believe me, the whole area will one day not only get it's seismic, but will look like Houston Texas. Watch the big companies on wal-street. They know what the future holds and they aren't here to make chump change.
lrb2
The largest gas reserve in the USA and the fourth largest in the world, interesting information, and leasing will be a "one time pop", so know what you sign.
Thanks lrb2 ~ just a momentary panic when he told me that!
They may be looking for something else, like oil. Somewhere toward the center it will be cooked to the right temp, they didn't shoot before they drilled on the Olympia and Murray in Sabine Parish or maybe they had some old seismic done years ago. You need to ask Jay the Geologist about this.
what did jay tell you?
when gators get neck deep, keep your chin up.
lrb2

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service