Does anyone have any info on the news that aired yesterday about them comming back afterward and removing the shale itself.
links: http://updates.spe.org/index.php/2008/02/01/oil-shale-extraction-te...

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They will mine the shale like coal out west where is close to the surface. The greenies will crap a ring around themselves and fight to the bitter end but the people will win out cause they don't want to pay $10 for a gallon of gas.
Ok, that makes sense. I didnt think they could extract it from our area so deep.
At the depth it in NW LA they could Nuke Frac it then pull the product up from a minimal amount of wells. If you could turn it to gravel it would produce like nothing ever seen before.
I would think that a small nuclear device in the hands of our government and guided by a major oil company, would not be a problem if done on goverment property away from landowners. What if it would put Saudi in the back seat.
If we could catch the gov doing that maybe we could put a U fitting in the line and send it back to us, and reduce my income tax bill.
So eloquently stated ! HA!HA!HA! That will go down as a classic on this site if I have to use it everyday all by myself ! The greenies are gonna get you for that one ( rolling on the floor laughing )
I've heard that one of these plays that is in Nevado/New Mexico somewhere over there, that there is 4x as much oil as in saudi arabia... Just not technologically feasible to extract it at this point in time... Same as the shale here 20 years ago.

Maybe someone with more expertise or um, knowledge, could chime in.
They and I don't remember who they were but anyway they spent over a billion dollars back in the early 80s building a plant that would extract oil from surface and minimal sub surface shale. I think they lost their investment when oil slid South. When you heat shale a high grade of oil comes out. But it costs to heat it.
Well that was the deal, they recently did this again, and they were pumping steam into the ground to make the oil more viscous and get better flow rates.

Even now though, with what oil prices are currently, still wasn't feasible for the investment. But it's a lot of damn oil.
You can't get a good estimate but it is maybe over 20 trillon barrells of oil.
That is oil shale, and it is really not shale, just called that. The liquid that comes out is called kerogen. The same as the oil sands of Canada. it can be refined into oil products. Shell Oil is working on a process to get it out the ground cheaply. It covers large sections of Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming. If you could get it out there is more there that in the Middle East. The picture of three rocks stacked up that some use by there names, that is oil shale.
I don't remember the articles that I looked at saying it was tar sands, it said it was high grade but that was ten years ago that I looked at the papers. So much for that.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service