Does anyone know what kind of pipeline infrastructure is in place to market or move the gas thats being mined?
I heard it will take something like three years before very many will start seeing royalties due to no way to getting it to market.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Misc, there are existing interstate gas pipelines plus two new 42" pipelines (Centerpoint & Gulf South) were installed within the last year across North Louisiana to the Perryville area which added 3.2 Bcfd (billion cubic feet per day) of new capacity. Two additional 42" pipelines will be in service by mid-2009 further north in Louisiana that will add 3.1 Bcfd of new capacity to move gas into the Perryville area and further east into Mississippi and Alabama. Although all these new pipelines were planned to move gas from the Oklahoma & East Texas areas (including the Barnett & Woodford Shales) to other pipelines in Northeast Louisiana & Mississippi, various parties have said 1.0 - 1.5 Bcfd of the capacity could be utilized to move Haynesville Shale production. This may be sufficient to handle the HS volumes until the end of 2010. By that time additional long haul gas pipeline infrastructure will need to be in place to allow continued growth of the HS. I anticipate 2-3 new gas pipeline projects will be announced before the end of 2008 targeted at the Haynesville Shale.
Hi, Les. The pipeline that is currently being laid just south of Sarepta, is it one of the "two additional...in service by mid-2009"? And how close do you have to be for pipeline location to work for your benefit?
Tech75, yes that would be one of the pipelines. Actually both pipelines (Gulf South's Gulf Crossing & Kinder Morgan's Midcontinent Express) will follow very similar paths through that region.

I think all four new pipelines provide benefit with the 1st two helping more because they pass through the middle of the Haynesville Shale play.
Just for comparison to the Barnett.
Perhaps there are pipes that can transport the gas out of the region or state, but
where are the pipes lying that is going to carry the gas to them from the wells? With supposedly hundreds of wells to be drilled in the very near future, I haven't seen much in the way of digging. Are they going to just drill and cap those wells to hold leases and then take their sweet time with the pipe line infrastructure?
Everyone is anxious to be getting a well drilled in their section but then how long will they have to wait before the gas can be marketed?
We have a Centerpoint Energy compressor station - The Buckley station- in our section - it actually overflows into two or more sections, but 77 acres is in our section, and we have pipelines crossing our section. Should the landowner get more because of the expected reduction in cost that this will give the O&G co? Does this make riding the well down even more lucrative since the expense will be less to get it to market? T18N R15W S8 - it's in my name and in my blood now........
It took two and a half years from the time my father signed his lease in Keithville for my father to recieve his first royalty check, so 3 years sounds about right.
That's what I'm thinking. I heard they are fixing to drill around here but I have seen nothing in the way of digging for smaller pipelines to transport the gas to the main lines from the wells. The biggest interstate pipes in the world would be useless if wells weren't connected to them. I can't believe the gas companies would want to sit on a capped well anymore than a land owner would want them too.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service