Bossier Bar Association People's Law School: Mineral Rights and Wrongs

The Bossier Bar is hosting a peoples law school and the topic is Mineral Rights. This will be our yearly fundraiser and community outreach.
The tentative date is August 31, 2008. We are inviting 4-5 landowner attorneys from around the state to talk about all aspects of leasing, oil and gas and taxing bonuses and royalties. This is not a sign‘em up meeting. This is strictly informational and geared towards the landowner in leasing and litigation that might occur during the life of your lease.
The Bossier Bar will give a free living will to all participants.
Tickets are $10 dollars if pre purchased and $12 at the door. Tickets will go on sale this week and seating is limited.
This event has not been made public yet, but it will be this week.
A rough draft of our web site is www.bossierbar.blogspot.com
The reason I am making this post is that I need your help in instructing the speakers on what they need to address. Once again, they know the answers--they won't be guessing. They will cover any issues that we want. Once again, they are donating their time and talent to help the Bossier Bar and you.
As the speakers are organizing their talks--
what issues /questions do you want them to address?
Also, I am inviting the local clerks of courts, the local tax assessors, and the department of conservation to have booths at this event. Can ya'll think of any other government agency that we would need to invite that would be helpful to our participants.
Please comment and I will have time to put your issue in my request to them.
Once again we have a small bar association and this will be our community outreach project for the year. Please help us make it a success.

UPDATE:
The Bossier Clerk, Bossier Assessor, and Public Service Commissioner have all agreed to come and answer your questions. Also the Bossier Parish Attorney will discuss ordinances that are in the works to protect the landowners. We have several great landowner attorneys that have agreed to speak on topics, on the panel and answer your individual questions. I really need your help getting the word out. Our seating will be limited to 700 citizens per session and we will have two sessions. So we are only printing 1400 tickets. Thanks in advance for helping spread the word.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THANK YOU, FOR THE GREAT RESPONSE. I WILL START WORKING ON THIS. PLEASE CONTINUE OT COMMENT IF YOU THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE.
Besides DEQ and EPA, are there any other groups that need to be present to field these questions. I can't promise DEQ/EPA will come due to tight schedule of this event, but someone on the attorney panel may be able to answer these questions.

How do you feel about charging admission? Is it reasonable?
I'm not well to do but I would sure be willing to kick in 20 bucks for admission and that would certainly help ya'll to do more along the way. With 2000 attending you could rent the Hirsch center. Sounds like you're coming up with a real winner.
I will send an invitation.
The Commissioner of Conservation Mr Jim Welsh 617 North Third, Baton Rouge La 70802 Mr Jim Broussard District Manager (for our district) 1525 Fairfield Ave. Shreveport La 71101
They need to be invited and COME and answer landowners questions!! Hope they would understand that they should work for citizens as much as the oil and gas industry. Where can I buy a ticket? This is a great idea. It will be intresting to see
if anyone from the DNR will show up and if they don't maybe we can ask the Governor why they didn't.
I have contacted Department of Conservation and they are letting me know this week if that is a good date for them.
Now that's a great idea!
If one could get it televised by a local news entity and have a panel of speakers...say 8-10, this would preclude having a large meeting place for the discussion, be a route for getting the word out in a bigger way, and also be a route for getting local commercial sponsors to foot some of the TV time. Questions could be phoned in or emailed in.
This is a great idea. I don't know if we will have time to get the news invovled, but we can have a high quality film that we put on youtube. would that be ok?

If you have any questions, then email them to me ahead of time and I will present them to the panel.. ryangatti@bellsouth.net
Did you ever think that you would have seen such a thirst for information? May should consider a more far reaching approach, like planning several meetings with different locations throughout the ARK-LA-TEX. Definitely look into recording minutes of meeting and posting questions and answers on web site.
Good idea. For out of state landowners, I would think there would be enough of us to make printing a FAQ manual for purchase after the event financially rewarding for your fund raiser. TCB DS3
What is TLMA?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service