I own property in Township 20 North. Part of my property is in the Benton Field Unit which was set up back in the 1940's. I have been unable to determine if this is still an active field unit. It covers parts of T21N R 12W, 20N R 13W, and 20N R 12W. Anyone have any info on this area?

Views: 1101

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Gosh Darn, oh yea I'm not spending it even in my head. This property has been in my family for many many years. I'm shure they all had hoped the well would come in. I'm maybe the only one in the family that still owns any of it. I think they have all sold off needing the money. I myself just don't want to be taken advantage of or I want to understand how I'm beeing taken advantage of. Do you know the group that your relative is a part of? I'm looking for area groups and meetings. And really who knows?
I didn't want to scare away everybody. I was just looking for others in the same area. Though it was good to find neighbors. Is this the area group website or is there another? http://www.cpa-mineralrightsgroup.com/ . It is called the Cypress Park Mineral Rights Group. I want to join something. I just want it to be the right something. Happy Thanksgiving
Hey Jim71006 my property is 20n-12w-s7. I here so many conflicting things I don't know what to know. I do not live there. I only have this website for information. Hey if there is nothing there that's OK I just want to know that, and I don't want to be taken advantage of. Many good people on this site I feel many are in the dark also. I would like to keep in touch with people who live there. I inherited the property from my father who got it from his mother who got it from her family Clement. We were told not to sell be cause of what was in the ground there. I just completed succession on the property. I feel I may have been over looked because of the property being in the estate of. What's up with what I here about Samson. Samson is a name I remember from the 70s & early 80s when we were getting royalties from them and I haven't heard from them since. OK Jim that's enough for now have a great day.
Jim71006 it seems like it was about mid 80s when we stoped receiving checks. I really don't know what for because it belonged to my dad then. Checks were comming to the estate. Not anything big I think I remember it being about $8'000 a year. There is a wellhead at the end of Clemet Rd but I don't know if it was ever in production. What is up with this held by production thing? Does it expire? Am I locked in to just what ever Samson does? Can I get out of it? I'm not anxious it's just that held by production doesn't sound very good to me. There must be a contract somewhere. How can they hold it without a lease? If it has been in production shouldn't the estate have been receiving something? Should I call Samson? OK that's a lot of questions for now. Thank You for your reply.
Hey Jim71006 I found docs in files from the estate that show Duer Wagner & Co. being the last company to hold contract and that was in 1986. Something called Hosston Sand. That was the last time I heard from anyone on anything. Does that mean anything?
OK Jim Thanks. What I am looking to know is am I held by any existing contract. I have looked at Sonoris and don't seem to find anything there. I have never been contacted by Samson. I don't expect you to know everything (or should I) I'm just throwing the questions out there. Again as always Thanks for your replies.
I have contacted Sampson and they have been responsive and curtious. They found my property in there files with the wrong first name and address. They are working on it now. Here's what I know now. Samson got it from Duer Wagner & Co. in 1986. DW&C got it from Vaughn Petroleum Inc. in 1982. VPI got it from Sun Oil Co.. I have an o&g division order from 1973 with Sun Oil signed by my grandmother who got it from her father Clemet. The purpose of this is to explain that if you own land there and you remember any of these oil companies names, that part of the Benton O&G Field is operated by Samson Investment Co. and they have it as held by production. www.samson.com
Good advise and well taken. I'll let y'all know. Still feel some uneasy about this hbp.
there seemed to be a lapse in Benton unit production for several years on SONRIS. if so, the leases would have terminated.
I talked with one of the landmen who worked on this for Samson and they said the Benton Field Unit was still held by production.
I also have property in the area (40 acres) ready for leasing - Anyone know about that area

Section. 1, Township 21 North, Range 14 West
Southeast Quarter of Northeast Quarter
Hello again. Years have gone by now and I don't know any more than ever before. I do know that things are happening in and around the Benton O&G Field. Samson I think still holds my lease held by production. My last royalty check was for $9.??. I really could use some input if anyone has any. I am looking to sale the property but not sure. Can't live on it, can't farm it, all the trees are now cut down and I can't forest it. Still paying taxes on it. Is there a group atorney that I could see or do I get my own? SONRIS is all Greek to me. It's complicated. Thanks Jim

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service