If this has been discussed previously, I cannot locate it here. I've been reading the site over the past few weeks and this is my first attempt at a discussion. I've heard discussion of a dry hole in certain areas that may lessen the value of leases in and around that area. Does anyone know if a well was previously drilled and determined to be dry if that does affect the surrounding area? Also I'm not good at reading the SONRIS map in LA but it looks like the the Desoto, Sabine, and Red River Parishes all contain numerous dry holes. It appears the ones that I viewed the data for date back to 1960s-1980s. If talk of a dry hole can hurt a particular area, then if I am reading it correctly, are they just talking about a recent dry hole?

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got my info on "no" dry holes in the Barnett and HA from reading the statements of Petrohawk's and CHK's ceos. I have also read some reports where the drillers in the fracing process "blow out" the hole and messed up a well so they had to move over and drill in another spot.

I agree with you "if it's not producing, it's not good for the landowner."
Just a quicky question/thought !
Wouldn't perceived problems play into the hands of O&G's concerning bonus money anyway ?
Stocks have been getting shelled of late anyway. If they had this info it could help them more then hurt IMHO.
What do you guy's think from a Hypothetical situation as far as strategy is concerned ?
How did JWP s well north of Benton do? My understanding is Not well.
Any real facts on this.
One Question:

How can a "vertically" drilled well be considered a "Haynesville Shale" producing well? Many of these wells are being drilled vertically "to the Haynesville Shale" zone, however they are still vertical. I was with the understanding that only the wells that get drilled under the technology of "horizontal" drilling can actually be used for "accurate" production rates per the true picture of the "Haynesville's" potential in NWLa.

If most drillers are drilling "vertical-only" wells and reporting lower-than-expected production and yet equating these wells as being "in the Haynesville," is that not a bit deceiving.

(IMHO) I still believe that this is a deceitful practice that is meant to HBP every piece of property that can be drilled at 1. a lower cost per drilling; 2. keeps leasing costs down; 3. keeps royalty payments down; 3. extends/slow down this play per the lessors interests but quickly increasing the #s of wells; 4. AND...allows the CHKs and HKs and XTOs, etc., etc., to PROUDLY ANNOUNCE to their STAKEHOLDERS and THE PRESS...the few "horizontally" drilled well numbers...that THEY ALONE CONTROL!!!! THE WELLS THAT WILL PUMP UP THEIR STOCKS? Because these "VERTICAL" ones aren't going to do the job.

Quite brilliant (IMO). But, are we just being hoodwinked in a new manner?

Remember we are getting to the 4th Quarter, and more moneys have been spent over 2008 than these companies expected to pay for leases in the HS. HOWEVER, 2009 is coming around...and I believe that these companies ARE SPENDING THEIR AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER...BUDGETING FOR 2009 BONUS MONEYS!

It ain't over...

DrWAVeSport Cd1
Gatrpaw,

You got it!!! They can push up their stocks on the "pomise" and 3 or 4 or half a dozen "horizontals" that THEY WANT TO SHOW THEIR CARDS ON...and quietly drill vertical wells all over this HS...at the same time...and keep the $$$$ in check until THEY can come back across with the rest of the "horizontals" THEY DECIDE TO DRILL!!!!

It makes me think of a "magic" show in Vegas! LOT'S OF SLIGHT OF HAND!!!!!

DrWAVeSport Cd1
to Earl's reply...what kind of beer to bring at what time...thx for the laugh
Dr. Wave,
I have been offer a lease from a company that only drill vertical well. I have not agreed to the lease because I have concern about vertical drilling. If they get the HS and the production is not as good and they come back in and have someother company drill horzontally do I get extra bonus for the horizontally? What if they do not can they cap it off. If they cap it can they hold it forever. bl
sorry error
Look on Sonris, all well data and production is public record in louisiana.
My point exactly...The O&Gs are producing the HS...just the way they want to...vertically!
hey that's off my business card! just kidding!

VERY ACCURATE SUMMARY,ACTUALLY,
Sounds like DrWave has gottem pegged. All O&G have been using HBP for years. Why stop now....

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service