Could someone give some information on Samson contour energy E&P

I have some land close to a lease they have and would like to have some more information. I've exsausted the google searches and would like some more info such as are they unconventional players? Do they have horizontal wells? etc. Thanks

Views: 510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Company. Don't know if they can play in the Shale due to price per acre. They may can play on the fringe.
Private company. Good company. Conservative company. They are not risking the big bucks on acreage just yet. They have quite a few active leases and wells in Shelby County Texas as well.
Just to clarify, I was referring to Samson Resources out of Tulsa. They do business in Texas as Samson Lone Star. Don't know if this was who you were referring to.
NL, please see the following link:

http://www.samson.com/

Samson is one of the larger independent O&G companies. They have the resources to tackle the Haynesville Shale but have not been a shale player in the past and may not be interested in competing against the more established companies.
Thanks everyone for the information.
My land is on the fringe so I'm not worried about big bonus money. I would like good sustained royalties but I wouldn't turn down a nice bonus check :)
samson also has a lot of leases in south webster parish
Samson is a private company (owned by Stacy Schusterman) based in Tulsa. I have heard that have exited South Texas and South Louisiana to shift some focus to unconventional gas.
Thank you.
Samson sold several thousand acres of oil and gas leases in DeSoto Parish to Winchester about three years ago when acreage prices were quite low. I wonder if Samson is considering a suit since "obviously" Winchester took advantage of Samson!
My wife and I have land in Heflin on woodmill rd, and are under production with Samson. I talked to a employee of Samson in Tulsa about a month ago, and he said that they were looking at the activity around them were there leases in Webster, mainly around Sibley field. They said it depends on what happens with the other companies around them. They said it is looking very good, and they are watching it very, very closly.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service