The only way to get it is to stop signing leases for less.

Any other discussion is only academic and open to opinion which tends to skew the reality.

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim Beam...That is a succinct point. Hard to argue with that. I guess if you have 100 acres of minerals and someone offers you $25,000 per... what the hell, turn it down. Leave 2.5 mil on the table.
Hey Jim , It really wouldn't make sense for O&G's to pay big bucks if they can pay small bucks and still end up with your land. It probably would never have gotten to the $25,000 without turning down the $20,000 would it ?
Hey snake stewart...what is your tipping point? Or are you going to drill your own well as you say you are?
Don't know yet . How much are you tipping E.T. ?
It really is that simple.
Sign that lease for any amount of bonus/royalty....It will be forever and a lifetime!

The question is not what is your tipping point...The question is...What is something worth over "forever and a lifetime?"

DrWAVeSport 8/14/08
Wow. A lifetime of royalty checks. It is a business proposition. As snake stewart has stated, you do not have to sign anything.
Those guy's that signed for $250 an acre still haven't seen any lifetimes worth of royalty checks yet. Whats your big hurry E.T. ?
I am not in the leasing business in LA. I have been a landman in Texas for 27 years. I am working in East Texas AWAY from the Haynesville/Bossier mess. Thank God. I did hear a story out of Harrison County about a lawyer whose client/landowner has been offered a substantial amount of money. Airtight lease. I mean a tough one. Covers all. Then the landowner comes back with a non surface use provision. Attaches a map negating about 80% of the land as drillable. The company has said ABSOLUTELY NOT. With the money on the table, they could drill in my LIVING ROOM. I would just build me a new house. I think this stuff is way out of control.
(Digging my old Black Hat out of the closet)
Them the has the Gold makes the Rules!
I would think the only way to get $30K is to have something worth $30K. and someone willing to pay it.

When I buy a car I write a check for what it is worth to me, hand it to the sales manager and tell him to call me when he ready for me to sign it. I have never had to wait over 60 days.
can you recommend the name of an attorney or two in east texas that specializes in oil and gas with experience in harrison county
there are a couple over there that can help. Dean Searle or Bill Abney are both very good.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service