Back in the 90's the government made a law that cities , counties , states with a fleet of so many had to have so many of there vehicles on natural gas. Dandy Products in Shreveport converted several vehicles to run on natural gas. The power was down a little but it was still ok. You could switch to gasoline when the NG got low. The only problem was that the small tanks they installed would not go far and you had to fill up every other day. There was a couple of places to fill up , one was at Arkla on Dalzell and at Swepco on Union St. It may come back with all of this new gas finds. If they drill on your property it would be great to have a small tap for a gas filling unit on your land. Maybe it could be in the contract ? But after they drill on your land you can buy all the gasoline and diesel you need ! Jed

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe the General Motors Plant here can make NG pickup trucks.
I have noticed that the city , state and parishes use full size pick ups for employees like inspectors , engineers , positions where they could drive one of the small vehicles made locally at GM. They say the city and parish buy through a state program out of Baton Rouge. I cant see using a full size pickup truck for transportation only and never hauling anything except a clip board , plans , spec book , etc. Looks like the parish and city govs could work out a deal with GM ? There made here , no transportation charges , its a small vehicle that gets better gas milage than a full size truck , cost less than a full size truck . Just drive over to I-49 and Murphy St where the building inspectors and code inspectors work out of "City Hall Annex" and just see how many brand new full size pick ups are parked there after hours. It must be 200 to 300 trucks. I bet there getting syphoned out every night in that area. Thats a lot of unlocked gas tanks setting around there. Hey , No one would syphon off a LNG would they. Well maybe not at first. Just give em a week or two. Jed

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service