this is a real car with a home refueling station.

we don't need gas station to sell natural gas.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-gx/refueling.aspx

has anyone researched this?

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the car is sold separately from the refueling unit. Car (24k) unit (3.5K). Around 25% of the 750 public CNG stations are in CA. CNG at such a station is (at the national average) $1.84 per GGE which seems kinda high to me. It can take 12-16 hours to refuel with the home unit (Phill) to go 250 miles. I still think its a cool idea but it doesn't seem really practical or economical at this point.
I have had a Honda Civic GX (CNG fueled) car for three years and love it. I refuel at one of the Clean Energy stations in Dallas in about ten minutes. My range is about 200 miles in winter and 165 when I run the air conditioner. Currently I pay $2.64 per gallon equivalent. The car is made in Ohio so Americans benefit from the manufacture of this car also. My Honda GX takes a little fuel planning but is well worth the thought expended.
Flynt Gaines
Basin Gas, Inc.
I went back to my June statement and calculated 29.86 miles per gallon for the month. The most I have ever gotten into the tank was 6.1 gallons. The refueling slows as the tank gets very close to capacity so I usually stop at 4.8 - 5.6 gallons.
I knew somebody must have one. I think its a great Idea but still think its a rip-off. You should get CNG cheaper. I did a little math and found that your paying $0.61 extra per GGE. You still come out ahead by saving $388.48 per 12k miles. The deal is this: the difference between crude and gas is $1.01. between NG and CNG is 1.62. This is from the well to the pump using average prices for the past six months. Now why is that?
Bigwood66, I am not sure why you consider $1.84/GGE high since this is far cheaper than gasoline. Most driving takes place within 10 -30 miles of home in short trips so this makes the CNG vehicle practical and economical. Plus in the future gasoline will likely be penalized under new climate change legislation.
Its the price in relationship to cost of NG/CNG vs. CRUDE/Gasoline
Bigwood, price relationships are very similar and based on the $1.84 per GGE natural gas has less mark-up than gasoline.
I used the $2.64 compared to the current gasoline price down the road then averaged with the national for this comparison. I'll whip out some new figures for you real quick...LOL
I wonder how many cubic feet of gas would it take to refuel an empty tank?
I'm sure the state would want their fuel taxes paid as well.
It would be nice to have a gas/gasoline hybrid auto. That would give a consumer a choice when one fuel become less economical than the other. It would keep the commodity speculators in line as well. Supply and demand market would be kept closer to the producer and consumer rather than the demand from the speculators.
PG, according to Honda the capacity is 8.03 GGE. This is equivalent to ~ 1,002 standard cubic feet of natural gas. Many states assess less tax on natural gas than gasoline.
I think Natural Gas power is a plus for us. It would sure slow down pumping all these millions of dollars to countries that really could care less about us. But with supply comes demand, comes higher prices on everything involved---were screwed either way--DAMN IT---I started off so good---
The PHILL system would be a great option to add to a new or existing house.

Does anyone know how much natural gas it takes in price or quantity to fill one of these tanks?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service