Im new at this and have been reading and learning alot. I just really need to know if anyone has heard about Jackson Parish in regards to the HS. Im getting desperate. Hope that someone has some info. Thanks

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

why are you getting desperate? there is no need to panic, everything will be alright. The Haynesville shale under your feet ( if there is any) has been there for millions of years and it is not going anywhere. The best advice you will read on this site is to sit calmly and see what happens around you. Maybe six months, maybe six years. Just be patient.
Thanks James. Really helps to hear that. Just dreaming big and hoping to pay off student loans quicker, so I don't have to work as hard. Would be awesome!
If you haven't signed , you never had the money. You have survived until this point or we wouldn't be reading this post. What ever you do .......Do not let this play define who you are as a person. You define what this play is going to do for you.If absolutely nothing happens then you will still be just fine. When it does happen , it will be gravy on top of the potatoes! Speed kills in this play. Knowledge is power!
Thanks snake, that is really good advice. I was just wandering, because I have seen a map that included Jackson Parish in the HS, but I have not heard anyone mentioning it yet. Plus, I am familiar with Vernon and the attention received in this area in the past. Is Vernon part of the Cotton Valley formation? Can't you tell I'm new at this? My property is not in Vernon area. I did lease out 3 years ago to a company named Central Petroleum. Ever heard of them? There was never any activity on my property and the lease ended in January 2008. I guess that means I'm free to lease again if the opportunity knocks.
Ashley:

The Vernon Field in Jackson Parish is an old field that came into prominence in the early 2000's when Anadarko Petroleum Corp. began producing wells from the Cotton Valley and Lower Cotton Valley Formations. Anadarko sold their position in this field last year to a company called Exco Resources who has not done much other than do in-field drilling within the existing units that were previously formed by Anadarko.

In regards to Central Petroleum, they are a shady Mississippi company who was sued by various landowners in Jackson Parish (the suit number escapes me at this time) for fraud. They were apparently representing that they were purchasing royalty and duped several people into signing what they thought were royalty deeds but instead were signing mineral deeds styled as a royalty deed. They then contacted Anadarko about changing their records to reflect them as the current Lessor on the leases that had been signed by the individuals that they had duped. I do not know the status of this lawsuit but I do know that Anadarko suspended royalty payments until the suit was resolved.

In regards to the map that you saw, please realize that this map was drawn to show the "potential" confines of the Haynesville Shale. While it is possible that this formation does extend this far to the east, it is just as much possible that it doesn't. If a company would happen to come knocking on your door, ask questions about what their objectives are, drilling plans, ect. but think hard on passing up on an opportunity that might benefit you or your family because not all companies play in the Haynesville Shale.
Thanks for the info. No wonder I could not find a reputable web address for that company. I even tried to negotiate with the landman back then for 1/4 royalty, but he said that could not be done. We ended up leasing for $200/acre and 1/5 royalty. That was better than some of my family got within the same area. Oh well, I made a small amount of money by doing nothing.

About 1 year after we leased, we were paid I guess around $100 for seismic testing. Is there anywhere I could find out if testing was done on my property, and if so, can I find out what the results were?
The wells in the Vernon field that came in at around 13k ft+ were CV or rather LOWER Cotton Valley...Lots of those wells have been goin'since the early 80's.
Where is the Clear Branch Field located?
Ashley,

Clear Branch is located immediately south of Caney Lake.
Can anyone tell me if they are drilling on Driller Park in Kilgore Texas ???

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service